What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

master of the world (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
After Disney's wonderful release of 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA...MASTER OF THE WORLD would be a welcomed addition to my Sci-fi DVD collection....it was once available on LaserDisc (i think from Image) and tape from MGM Midnite Movie Collection. Anyone know who is the owner now?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
It's now owned by MGM. I know they are preparing a DVD release because I remember reading that screenwriter Richard Matheson has recorded a commentary for it (apparently, MGM had him sit down to do commentaries for a number of his films). Anyway, I don't have a date, but it shouldn't be too long.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i read a book about a flying airship when i was very young and in the front or back of the book had a large illustration on the air ship that was a cut away allowing a view of the interior. somewhat like you might see in some star trek films of the enterprise, of all the decks.

the airship in the book was shaped like a blimp.

i have only seen bits and pieces of the movie but it seemed much like the little i remember from the book.

anyone have an idea if this might be the same book and movie?

AlanBrom

Second Unit
I don't think Matheson did actual commentaries, but rather interviews on video tape. One was already on DE SADE, and he'll be on more in August Midnite Movies titles. I hope to see MASTER OF THE WORLD and LAST MAN ON EARTH with his interviews soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks