What's new

Mary Tyler Moore and Her Spin-Offs (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Did a little binge-watching this morning- I watched the first 7 episodes. I like what I’ve seen so far, and I expect the show to get better in the later years.
It does, but it's always good. Its excellence sustains despite cast changes during the seven years.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
From The New Yorker, March 20, 1977

Attachments

• television_show-tv_show-tv_series-season_finale-series_finale-tv-CC40294_low.jpg
    television_show-tv_show-tv_series-season_finale-series_finale-tv-CC40294_low.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 80

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Great episode from season 1- Anchorman Overboard. Phyllis asks Mary to have Ted speak at her women’s group. Ted unravels.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Another good episode, from season 3- It’s Whether You Win Or Lose. Lou’s trip to Vegas is canceled due to a snow storm, so he gets Mary to organize a poker game. Mary finds out from Murray’s wife that he has had a gambling problem. Murray loses money to Ted, so Murray bets Ted double or nothing that Ted would blow a name on the air.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Great episode from season 1- Anchorman Overboard. Phyllis asks Mary to have Ted speak at her women’s group. Ted unravels.

I’m watching season one right now too. I think you are a bit ahead of me though.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Some great episodes at the end of season 4- Two Wrongs Don’t Make A Writer- Mary takes a writing class to improve her office skills, and Ted decides to take the class too. The beginning of the episode is terrific- Ted takes it upon himself to change the copy during the news broadcast, and Lou can’t wait to rip into him as soon as he’s off the air.

Happy Birthday, Lou is another good one- Mary hosts a surprise party that Lou wants no part of. Mary has to let in one guest at a time to Lou’s liking, and leave the rest of the guests standing in the hall. When Mary is allowed to let everyone in her apartment, Lou ducks out at the same time.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
A different version of the "You got spunk" interview from the pilot. Line change of first season theme song. CBS Fall Preview 1970. Mentions Tuesday when it was originally going to air.

I just watched the Making of documentary that was included with the 1st season DVD set. This version of the you got spunk scene was filmed so that the affiliates would have something to see since a pilot episode was not filmed or needed since they had a guarantee of 13 episodes. Mary and the producers go on quite a bit in the documentary about how bad this version was as it was filmed without an audience without much rehearsal and Ed Asner was acting like a dramatic actor. So this is the first film of them playing Mary and Lou.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks