What's new

Mary Tyler Moore and Her Spin-Offs (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Did a little binge-watching this morning- I watched the first 7 episodes. I like what I’ve seen so far, and I expect the show to get better in the later years.
It does, but it's always good. Its excellence sustains despite cast changes during the seven years.

Rob W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
From The New Yorker, March 20, 1977

Attachments

• television_show-tv_show-tv_series-season_finale-series_finale-tv-CC40294_low.jpg
    television_show-tv_show-tv_series-season_finale-series_finale-tv-CC40294_low.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 20

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Great episode from season 1- Anchorman Overboard. Phyllis asks Mary to have Ted speak at her women’s group. Ted unravels.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Another good episode, from season 3- It’s Whether You Win Or Lose. Lou’s trip to Vegas is canceled due to a snow storm, so he gets Mary to organize a poker game. Mary finds out from Murray’s wife that he has had a gambling problem. Murray loses money to Ted, so Murray bets Ted double or nothing that Ted would blow a name on the air.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Great episode from season 1- Anchorman Overboard. Phyllis asks Mary to have Ted speak at her women’s group. Ted unravels.

I’m watching season one right now too. I think you are a bit ahead of me though.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Some great episodes at the end of season 4- Two Wrongs Don’t Make A Writer- Mary takes a writing class to improve her office skills, and Ted decides to take the class too. The beginning of the episode is terrific- Ted takes it upon himself to change the copy during the news broadcast, and Lou can’t wait to rip into him as soon as he’s off the air.

Happy Birthday, Lou is another good one- Mary hosts a surprise party that Lou wants no part of. Mary has to let in one guest at a time to Lou’s liking, and leave the rest of the guests standing in the hall. When Mary is allowed to let everyone in her apartment, Lou ducks out at the same time.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Two of my favorites: when Johnny Carson visits and when Congresswoman Geddes comes for Veal Prince Orloff!
Both classics, but by the time of those episodes, almost every episode ended up being a classic. It truly did deserve its four consecutive Emmys as Best Comedy Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarrySonyMHC