What's new

Martin:The Complete First Season? (1 Viewer)

alljazz98

Auditioning
Real Name
Carl
Just got through watching disc 1 and 4 of the classic 'Martin' episodes on DVD and notice those particular episodes are about 22 min. long?. Are these the syndicated versions?,...most TV shows during that time ran about 26 to 27 minutes long without commercial ads.? I also notice that TVSHOWSONONDVD listed 'Martin' as a 'Pick Of The Week' but there is no review?

It reads on the box, 'The Complete First Season Of Martin",..but I have a feeling that these are the syndicated versions?

neuroticomic

Agent
Real Name
tommy
shows did last 27 minutes.
i know for a fact good times run 27 minutes just about.

so they COULD be syndicated

neuroticomic

Agent
Real Name
tommy
u said shows as far back as the 50s didnt last 27, and lo and behold there are shows that go that long.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Despite not actually listing any shows that ran 27 minutes, I'll still assume that you're right. However, I said which is very different from saying "I know for sure that...".

And that still does not change the fact that network shows from the 1990's (the topic of the thread) did not run 27 minutes.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
At most, Martin would be 23:30. 22 minutes sounds about right, as that's too long for syndication but fits with the time range a 30-minute 90s show would have.

Scott Ruhl

Agent
Got the set on release day. Me and the misses watch it regularly on re-runs and I could honestly say that the set is UNCUT. We watch it on TV just about everday and there are many scenes not shown that are included in the Season 1 Set. Most obvious is the opening scenes, usually a monologue that Martin gives to the audience from the Radio Station set, these are rarely shown in re-runs.

I really hope they release the follow-up seasons.

LoriB

Grip
I have truly enjoyed watching Season 1-Martin was one of the funniest shows around..i am keeping my fingers crossed all the remaining seasons are released-as Season 2 had some of the funniest episodes ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks