What's new

Marantz v. Pioneer v. Denon v. Yamaha Receivers (1 Viewer)

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
O.K. I have been watching this thread for a while, and I plan on getting a 500-600 dollar receiver soon. Now where does the Outlaw 1050 fit in with these?

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Steve & Karen- I am currently running my home theater with Def Tech BP8 mains, BP2X rears, a Pro Center C2 as a rear-center with an Energy AC300 (bi-wired with Kimber-cabling)as my primary center channel. A couple months ago I bought The Yamaha RX-V3200 6.1 DTS-ES discrete receiver and LOVE the sound I am getting from it. If you are planning to listen to alot of music and not as much movies, then I would suggest testing out a Marantz, but I think Yamaha'ds DSP sound modes are great for movies. It's great to see that I'm not the only HTF member out there who loves the combination of Definitive and Yamaha.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Ken

Your right on the money about the conections on the back of the Denon. Have not found anything else with the flexability of the Denon yet. Was at a local audio dealer and was listening to Fleetwood Mac Rumors in DVD-A and the Denon 5800 sounded like I was there. I beleive the store had the Denon hooked up to some B&W's. I have not really been impressed with Onkyo in the HT area recently. I still own Onkyo gear I bought back in the late 80's. Anyone have an opinion on the B&K vs Denon. The B&K does not have as many inputs and assignable digitals. And has one less 6.1 than the Denon. As where the Denon has two 8.1 inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks