What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help for my friend on higher-end A/V receiver (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I have a friend who is looking into buying a receiver. However, she recently purchased a Yamaha three years ago, but with all of the technology changes, she wants to move up and have something that is somewhat future proof, though I know that's a rather static thing.

I don't know much about the receivers in the range she is looking at spending, as the Onkyo 705 is more my speed. But she is wanting to spend in the neighborhood of $1200-$1600. The things that are really important to her are at least 4 HDMI inputs, network connectivity to a PC for streaming audio, HD-Audio processing built into a/v receiver. She also likes the Sirius radio built in if possible. Does anybody own anything in that range they would suggest, and if you could explain briefly why you went with the one you purchased that would be a big help.

We've looked at a few, and the options are so many it's rather overwhelming. But anybody with any knowledge about the Yamaha RXV-3800, Denon 3808cI, Onkyo TX-SR875, Pioneer Elite VSX-94, Marantz SR8002 or any other recommendations? I know that's quite a list. Any information or help would be appreciated.

728x90

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
That was a good writeup by Ronald Epstein on the 3808. Sounds like it would be a great buy...

Real Name
Adam
I personally have the RX-V3000 from Yamaha and absolutely love it. I have never had any problems with it what so ever. Doesnt really have everything that she is looking for but in all honesty I will never get anything different than Yamaha or Onkyo.

mylan

Screenwriter
Except none of those have Sirius built in, XM seems to have a lock on receivers but that may not matter when/if they merge. I'd give up Sirius and opt for Xm on the Denon 3808.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I wonder if, when they do merge, if it will really matter. Wouldn't make sense for them to continue to generate separate signals. Or perhaps they will have to because of all the receivers already out there, and just broadcast identical material but using both signals.

Thanks for the input so far guys. Does anybody else have any thoughts?

Hey, does anybody know. When you order electronics from Amazon.com as long as they are listed on the authorized dealer list, i assume you are covered by Mfg warranty. The only reason I ask, is that it appears that when you order electronics from Amazon, that they can be shipped from many different suppliers and companies, most of which aren't on the authorized dealers list for Denon/Yamaha, etc. But I assume as long as you're going through Amazon, you are covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks