What's new

Marantz SR7500 channel buzzing/crackling (1 Viewer)

MrLaskez

Auditioning
Real Name
Marko
Greetings all! Recently I purchased Marantz SR7500 receiver. I’m loving both appearance and performance of this unit. However, a week or so after using it, I noticed that one channel is buzzing. To be more accurate, bass is buzzing and the tweeter is crackling upon playing a song or any similar activity. This happens usually after one hour of usage. I swapped the speakers, even connected another pair to check if it was the speaker issue, however, buzz/crackle stayed on the right channel. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Greetings all! Recently I purchased Marantz SR7500 receiver. I’m loving both appearance and performance of this unit. However, a week or so after using it, I noticed that one channel is buzzing. To be more accurate, bass is buzzing and the tweeter is crackling upon playing a song or any similar activity. This happens usually after one hour of usage. I swapped the speakers, even connected another pair to check if it was the speaker issue, however, buzz/crackle stayed on the right channel. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.
Marko,

It could be a problem with the amp itself (your description of waiting an hour leads me to believe it is thermal related) or a power problem. Have you tried plugging it into a different room's power just to test?

MrLaskez

Auditioning
Real Name
Marko
Thank you for answering. I will try different room and inform you. Sometimes is after an hour, but I just powered it on and it buzzes. Also, I left 20cm of space from all sides of the amp, so it seems to be outputting the heat fine. Something I also noticed is that the buzzing in the morning hours is present, but not nearly as loud as in the night. In the night it goes vile. Also, when used in the morning, there almost isn’t any crackling from the tweeter. First I thought that it was a ground loop, because I plugged the amp in a separate socket from other equipment. Interestingly, when I plugged it all together, the noise stopped, but for a short period of time. Could it be EMI? Or bluetooth from a PS4, since it is close to the right speaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks