What's new

Marantz MM9000....is it worth the purchase? (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
The MM9000 requires 120VAC, 60Hz and the two switched outlets on the 4ES is rated 120VAC, 60Hz

1. Can I connect the plug to a switchable outlet on the back of the 4ES?

2. So that the amp will come on when the 4ES is turned on?

Thx.

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
My trigger works just fine. You probably want to plug the amp in on a different circuit than the rest of your equipment. I use a 1/8" mini stereo to L/R RCA adaptor, then a stereo to mono RCA adaptor to connect to the Marantz's trigger jack. On my Denon AVR 2803, I have to go into one of the menus to tell the receiver what to use the "trigger on" for, which is basically everything. Look through your receiver's settings for this.

terence

Supporting Actor
Thx Ray,

I will try again, and i did go into the menu to turn on the 12V trigger. I guess i have play around with it some more. I also thought about just leaving it on, it sounds better after it's been on for a while.

Could it be just me?

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi Michael,

Your instrcutions worked PERFECT!!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :) :D

As you can see i'm a happy camper right now! YES!!:D :D

terence

Supporting Actor
The MM-9000 is being controlled by the 4ES just how i wanted. Thanks again fellas i LOVE forums.

Hank_P

Second Unit
Thanks Michael, My MM9000 is to be delivered on Monday and this will really help eliminate some headaches to get this equipment connected properly. I too will be connecting it to a Sony Rec. (V444ES)

I can't wait to hear from you Terence on your thoughts of this amp.

Hank

Bryan-M

Auditioning
I'm thinking about buying this amp for my own system. But, before I do, I wanted to know if the peak level indicators flash on and off in a blinking fashion like the signal indicators on the ATI 1506 amps. Also, what color illumination does the Marantz MM9000 have while it is on? And mostly, how do they sound? If they look good and sound good, I'd like to buy a couple of them.

Please let me know.

MikeOle

Auditioning
I've had this amp for about 2 years now and it performs wonderfully. I was lucky and picked one up on clearance for $599 at a local hi-fi store. It sounds great, has gobs of power, and is built like a tank - it's too bad this amp didn't really get the attention it deserved. Lucky for us, the lack of attention kept the price low.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
What is up with the 400watts on the back panel. I was thinking of adding this to my 3802, but wonder at the 400watts consumption rating.400 watts :confused:

Steve! What is the code for 10% off?

terence

Supporting Actor

Hi Bryan,

1. Yes they flash from what i have heard from one owner.

2. The MM9000 has a blue LED light on the front center panel when turn on (cool) and a red one for standby. If you have seen a HGS-18 Velodyne that is the exact same color of the power light on the MM9000.

3. So far it sound good, very clean at loud volumes and i have notice a lot more detail in music and dvd's. You have 30 days to try it out, if you don't you can return it. I doubt it. :)

I will give more detail after i run more flicks, and dvd's thru it. Valintines day has put a speed bumps in my fun.

Hank, and others who are getting this amp please post your impressions as well thx.

Later

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Terence,

There's a good chance that the cable itself is not responsible for the hum you have, but most likely it is allowing a ground loop that may be in your system to affect the amp.

The usual culprits for a HT ground loop problem are from cable TV and sat dish systems. Disconnecting the coax cable feed that comes from the outside of the house at the first point it enters the room (likely a wall plate with a coax connector) will tell you whether this is the problem or not. The other "popular" cause of ground loops or hums is with Tivos.

Michael

Hank_P

Second Unit
Thanks for the pics Terence. I saw them last night at home, but the firewall is blocking me from work at the moment. The amp is "out for delivery" as I type, and it's being delivered to my work. We normanlly get stuff around lunch here... after that.. I might start feeling a little 'ill' and need to go home. (where's my highlighter at).

After your comment about the hmmmmm. I'm thinking of my other options for triggering it. Then again, with it being my first amp.. I might get the small joy out of powering it on myself. I know, I'm a sad case, but it's this forum that has turned me this way ..and I like it :D

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my MM9000 for about four weeks now, and never at any time did I notice even the slightest hum. In fact, it's been dead silent when not playing material, and even up close to te component itself, it's hard to tell it's even turned on because of the silence and coolness of temperature (I leave the level adjustments all the way up). There is no noise during the quietest of music/movie material....even from cable broadcast. I really think the hum you're experiencing can be tracked to a ground loop somewhere. I have all my enetertainment components plugged through one of those inexpensive Monster Power strips, including the cable line, and I have the MM9000 plugged into a separate outlet, with a simple surge protector.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I've had my MM9000 for about 3 years now. It wasn't until I saw the posted pictures that I realized there was a fan in there. So in other words, it's EXTREMELY quiet. :D

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't realize that there's a fan either! Haven't looked inside of mine yet, but I've also never heard it turn on...so if it has, it must be dead silent. Might be one of the reasons the amp runs so cool. This is very comforting to know if I ever decide to get 4 ohm speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks