Marantz LV-510 LD Player - Great CD Player

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Ben LG, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

Selling a Marantz LV-510 LD Player, I was using it as a CD player previously. I bought a new dvd player and that is why I am selling it, just one less component in the AV rack.

3 good points about the LV510:

1. The signature Marantz sound, very smooth yet detailed. I cant remember the specs on the player but I compared it head on to a Pioneer DV-45A Elite I used to have and the Marantz sounds better than the 45A for CDs (especially the bass).

2. Has a Direct CD function. Instead of ejecting the entire LD tray, theres a mini tray that pops out to insert a CD. Also there is a function to turn off the display for a audio only mode.

3. Weighs roughly 25 lbs.

I am offering a great deal if you were looking to build a audio only system but dont want to spend too much. Unit was bought for $350, has been bagged and boxed up untouched until the recent 3 months with minimal use. It is in mint condition and comes with remote - I would give it a 9/10 rating.. has minor scuff marks on top of the unit barely visible to the eye. The face and display of the unit is in 10/10 condition. Asking for $100 + $20 shipping, email me at [email protected] if interested. I offer $500 buyers protection through paypal and ebay ID is linlkz, thanks for your time.

Note: This is not the actual pic of MY unit. Only one I could find online.
    [​IMG]

2. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

Hi Ben,

Does this unit have a Dolby Digital (AC-3) output on it?

Thanks
    Jeff

3. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

Jeff, it has a digital optical out. Also has two composite video, one s-video and two audio out(RCA).

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi guys!

Michael, I hope you had a great holiday season. Missed you on the HT cruise, we had a blast (though Heather stayed home with the new baby)!!

Anyways,

To clarify:
    This is a great player. It has an optical output but no AC-3 output.
    There were TWO versions of the 520, one with AC3 one without AC3. I have always found that very weird.

$100 is one heck of a great price. Great video and an autoflipper to boot.

Regards

Gregg

5. svenge

svenge Stunt Coordinator

Is it $100 shipped, or $100 + shipping?