What's new

Marantz LV-510 LD Player - Great CD Player (1 Viewer)

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Selling a Marantz LV-510 LD Player, I was using it as a CD player previously. I bought a new dvd player and that is why I am selling it, just one less component in the AV rack.

3 good points about the LV510:

1. The signature Marantz sound, very smooth yet detailed. I cant remember the specs on the player but I compared it head on to a Pioneer DV-45A Elite I used to have and the Marantz sounds better than the 45A for CDs (especially the bass).

2. Has a Direct CD function. Instead of ejecting the entire LD tray, theres a mini tray that pops out to insert a CD. Also there is a function to turn off the display for a audio only mode.

3. Weighs roughly 25 lbs.

I am offering a great deal if you were looking to build a audio only system but dont want to spend too much. Unit was bought for $350, has been bagged and boxed up untouched until the recent 3 months with minimal use. It is in mint condition and comes with remote - I would give it a 9/10 rating.. has minor scuff marks on top of the unit barely visible to the eye. The face and display of the unit is in 10/10 condition. Asking for $100 + $20 shipping, email me at [email protected] if interested. I offer $500 buyers protection through paypal and ebay ID is linlkz, thanks for your time.

Note: This is not the actual pic of MY unit. Only one I could find online.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Hi Ben,

Does this unit have a Dolby Digital (AC-3) output on it?

Thanks
Jeff

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, it has a digital optical out. Also has two composite video, one s-video and two audio out(RCA).

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi guys!

Michael, I hope you had a great holiday season. Missed you on the HT cruise, we had a blast (though Heather stayed home with the new baby)!!

Anyways,

To clarify:
This is a great player. It has an optical output but no AC-3 output.
There were TWO versions of the 520, one with AC3 one without AC3. I have always found that very weird.

$100 is one heck of a great price. Great video and an autoflipper to boot.

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks