What's new

Marantz AV600 Center Channel Help (1 Viewer)

Yeti

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik
I am just starting out building a home theater. I had an old AV600 sitting around which I used for music. Anyway I went to hook up the center speaker and it has a left and right connection for the center channel. I only have one center channel speaker so is one pre-out used as a mono or do I have to buy a "Y" connector? I don't have a manual so I have no clue.

If anyone has a manual, I'd be more than happy to send a couple bucks your way if you could send a copy.

timZa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim

Sounds as if your receiver does not have 5 channels. left, right, center, rear right, left right, sub out?

Yeti

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik
Well it's a sorta 5.1

It has a left, right, center left, center right, surround right, surround left, sub left and sub right. There is a switch for the sub to select stereo/mono but nothing for the center channel. My assumption is that if you only use one channel that it will go to mono but I cannot verify. I may just buy a "Y" adapter and combine the two channels into one.

Nathan Cook

Agent
i have the manual in front of me, connect to either one. both (left and right) emmit the same mono signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.