What's new

Marantz 7300 vs HK 525 (1 Viewer)

Ronn_R

Agent
I have narrowed down my choices into this two receivers. They have about the same features and from what I have heard they are both very musical. I'll use this for 80% HT and 20% musics, but I believe that if it's good musically then it will also be good as an HT receiver. Pricewise, I can find both of them for about the same.
I've listened to Marantz 7200 and like it, I haven't tried the two above. Can you help me to decide between this two, advantages or disadvantages? Or is this just a matter of taste? For the speaker, I'm thinking about either Energy Take 5.2 or Axiom Micro. I've listened to the Take 5.2 and really like it. From another thread, the Axiom micro is on sale for $570 shipped, anybody compared this to the Take 5.2?
Thanks.

Modena

Stunt Coordinator
I'll jump in a little. I look at it this way, you can't go wrong. They are both great and the final and most important factor is what sounds best to you. If you choose one for better features and it doesn't sound as good, who cares? I think you should give them a nice tryout and pick whichever is best for your needs.

Ronn_R

Agent
Modena, thanks for the advice. I can't compare them side by side, but they're both are very good. Feature wise, I don't find any of them lacking. I might just have to use a coin to choose which one. Head or tail, hmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks