What's new

Marantz 6200 rec Help! (1 Viewer)

Harp S

Auditioning
Juust got this reciever this week and need help in two areas.

1. When I watch DVD's the subwoofer sounds weak even at FULL volume and the bass is set on +6 on the reciever, for DD and DTS movies. If I hit the S-direct switch the thing blew the pictures off the walls. I had to turn the subwoofer down to 1/4 volume. Is this supposed to be this way?

2. I have a sony 5cd changer 8 yr old all in one hifi that I would like to hook up to the reciever for the kid to play wiggles on. The DVD player is hiddenbehind the TV to sop little probing fingers, so its hard to get to and keep swapping discs.

The prblem is there is no line out or audio out. Only the hedphone out and L and R speaker connectors.Can I plug this into the Marantz 6200? I think the sony is rated at 15W RMS.

Dennis B

Stunt Coordinator
Harp S,

Have you visited the setup menu on the 6200? Instead of using the bass control, try setting the subwoofer level to an adequate level wrt the other speakers. Also, setting the speakers to small should help.

For the Sony changer, just cable the Left/Right Out on the player to one of the analog inputs on the receiver, say CD-R.

Good luck.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For the CD - If the left and right are SPEAKER level out, as you say, then the better way would be to get a speaker level to LINE level converter at Radio Shack. The next would be a headphone jact to RCA cable, which should also work, depending on the output voltage of the jack on the CD unit.

As for the bass, you haven't given enough information about what your setup is for anyone to really answer that question. From what I can gather, you have a sub, but it sounds like you have your speakers set to large because it changes when you set it to source direct, as source direct bypasses bass management. Although the manual is not that great (I have a 6200 also), I'd still say you need to take a look at it, and become familiar with your OSD setup menu also, as mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks