What's new

Mallrats 10th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Donnacha

Auditioning
Travis, Vincent;

Smith and Mosier were still editing the new cut up until the night before the screening. As far as I know, they did not have the time to do the necessary setup to show it.

At Vulgarthon earlier this year, two projectors were used - film for Chasing Amy and a digital video projector for the Jersey Girl rededit and so on. That event took place in the dome, whereas the Mallrats showing took place in one of the regular auditoria.

Donnacha

Auditioning
Personally, I think the yellow is rather ugly. Should have kept it how it was.

It's also going to be one of those useless "slipcase with exactly the same art on the outside as on the DVD case" deals. Who thinks we prefer those to inserts?

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
they have taken a great looking cant wait 3 disc set and lost it down the back of the sofa and found an ugly 1 disc ed that won't fit with the 3 disc clerks :frowning:

(still getting it and everything k.s. does just disappointed)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
Why is the movie under the Rogue Pictures division now?
Can't wait for this to be released.

probably because this movie was released under "gramercey" devision of universal, and since they no longer exist, I guess thats the division they went with (orgazmo was relased this year on dvd under rouge as well, even though the movie was released theatrically by "usa pictures"

also question for vincent, do you know if Kevin plans on rereleasing the long cut of Jersey Girl any time soon?

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Ryan:

I know the plan is to eventually release the long cut of JERSEY GIRL on DVD, but I do not know of any specific date. IMO the longer cut works much better, I can't wait to see it released in a high-quality format myself.

Vincent

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator
What about a Chasing Amy Tenth Anniversary for next year? The current Criterion DVD was good when it first came out on laserdisc, but it's outdated now. I'd double dip on that.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
The Chasing Amy 10th Anniversary DVD will come in 2007 - they've already recorded a Q&A session for it earlier this year.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
The current versions of CHASING AMY were all mastered from the 35mm InterPositive blow-up, and besides that at least one reel of the anamorphic DVD transfer is overmatted (the Criterion LD version is not overmatted, only the DVD is- this is most noticable during the train station sequence). A new, properly-framed High Definition transfer from the original Super-16mm film elements would be most welcome IMO.

Vincent

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Nope, CHASING AMY premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 1997, and opened in general theatrical release in March 1997.

Vincent

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
How do you think I feel, Travis? It just dawned on me the other day that exactly ten years ago, I was shooting A BETTER PLACE here in NJ :eek:

Vincent

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Indeed. I gotta get another film going. Maybe I'll become the reverse Kubrick when it comes to time between movies, and my films will come fewer and fewer years apart instead of more and more years apart from now on :)

Vincent

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Vincent,

You really should get another movie going, I'm a big fan of a better place and have been wondering [for a while now] if you were planning to make another.

Also, I for one think you should get involved in the Chasing Amy material prep, since it seems you're the only person in the VA camp that noticed the original framing error that the LD corrected and the DVD un-corrected-- despite the DVD version carrying a 'DP approved' sticker.

I remember seeing Chasing Amy in a tiny theater in Ohio in the spring of 1997: having just started a relationship with a young lady that had a bit of a 'checkered past.' Like Kevin's mom, I identified with that movie in ways you'll never know- and still consider it to be KS's best movie.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks