What's new

male plastic surgery (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Any males here have any experience with plastic surgery? And I don't mean "reconstructive" or medical, I mean purely for looks; I hate my face and, angry that I wasn't born rich and good looking, wanna change it. Any feedback?

MC

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I saw some show on MTV where a guy got calf implants, guess that's all I've ever heard or seen about it :D
I guess it's your face and your money so.. if it's something you want to do why not?

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
Just make sure you do it only once. Seriously. Like Micheal Jackson, Cher, Joan Rivers, etc have found: it gets to be habit forming. You like the changes, and want to do more, or you start to think enough wasn't changed, or you start to feel old... Pretty soon you've got Bride of Re-Animator.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Well I'm not male nor have I had any plastic surgery, so I'm not sure how qualified I am to give advice. My only suggestion is have a target area you want to change in mind. Something like "I want a smaller nose" or "I want a more defined chin", things like that instead of a general "I dont like the way I look". I think that way you know exactly what you want and once that's completely, you're satisfied. IMHO, if you get the spot that's bothering you the most, you're less likely to come out looking very different and won't be tempted to keep going back.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
My suggestion?

Learn to love yourself for who you are now, not who you wish you were. Unless you are deformed or otherwise have serious facial "damage", there is no reason to get plastic surgery. Really, Micah: Your face is probably just fine. Take your ten grand plus and buy a new home theater. You'll appreciate it more.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i am short. i have been losing my hair since i was 19 ( now 26 ). i dont speak english well. i dont get good grades in school, and i didnt even get more than 1 girlfriend in my entire friggin life.

but before i start saving money to do hair transplant...i think before anybody else could love me, i should love myself first. cheesy but true. and i think nobody around me cares whether i am short, balding etc etc. so i canned the plan to do hair transplant...and started saving to buy a big ass wide screen tv plus a hsu vtf3.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Hair transplants? Don't bother. Go to the barber's and get your hair cropped and then find comfort in the fact that you now look like a stack-load of trendy men you don't have transplants!

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Anyone see the "Man Show" where there was this guy who was in desparate need of some cash and this guy gave him like $100,000 if he got breast implants for a year? Correct me if I am screwing this up, but he got an A cup I think, that you couldnt even really notice through his somewhat baggy shirt. He wasn't wearing a bra, and they fuzzed out his new "puppies" when he removed his shirt, so I have no idea how they looked. Dear God hope I never need money that bad.

Chris

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Hey thanks, good points. I was really conflicted about posting this thread topic -- figuring I'd get hammered. But you all made really nice suggestions.

I saw that thing on MTV about the calf implants, and the one thing I have to say about it is: That guy's an asshole. Calf implants so he looks more "buff"? Mentally, he was one or two brain cells away from being a monkey; I don't know what he was worrying about his CALFS for. My "area of concern" (good point, Leila) is my chin; I don't have one. I'd like one. Otherwise, I'm so in love with myself that it sickens even my closest friends. I'm not good looking or anything, I just am in love with myself. I never say, "I want to commit suicide," even jokingly. In my opinion, it's everyone ELSE who should die. You get my point.

Plus, I'm deathly afraid of doctors and surgery and cutting and stuff. So, one little nip and/or tuck and that would be it for me. Plus, Ryan's right about better uses for the money! I need to do more research.

Has anyone here had a nose or chin "fixed" or "improved"?

MC

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think you should deal with the cards your delt. I agree that long term, you will most likely regret the plastic surgery.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
How can I argue with a guy whose sig file has that amazing heartstopping pic of Jennifer in it? [sigh]

MC

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Micah,

Just the other day on the Discovery Health Channel I watched a lady undergoing a Nose-job and getting a chin implant. Pretty interesting. The surgeon really knew his stuff. He did the entire nose-job internally(from inside the nose) so no scarring would occur and the chin implant was good too. He made the incision from inside the mouth. Pretty remarkable stuff.

Jeff

Blu

Screenwriter
If it makes you feel better about yourself I say go for it!
If you think you will be happier with a "new" face you go man! I hope it all works for you!

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Believe me, anything having to do with the word "incision" freaks me right out.

I have a friend who works at Discovery Networks (who is so deluded that she just left me a voice mail wishing me a happy birthday -- bah humbug -- and saying that I "looked better than ever"! She's completely deluded -- I'll have to hunt down that show and check it out.

I'm looking at doctor's listings on the web, and it ain't too promising. How do you pick a plastic surgeon, word of mouth?

MC

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
You want some more chin? You can borrow some of mine, I've been endowed with a Jay Leno level of jawbone. ;)
Seriously, before you think about going under the knife, try growing a beard. Before the days of plastic surgery that was what many men did to strengthen their jaw line. It might be a cheaper and less frightening option.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Micah,

In all seriousness...perhaps you should make a vacation of it. Some of the best plastic surgeons are in L.A., specifically Beverly Hills. Find one of the surgeons to the stars (They are very good at what they do...they have to be with their clients......take a trip out to L.A. to have the procedure done). Spend the rest of the week here recovering.

Anyway...just a thought.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
well much of this is anecdotal, still, I have a female coworker who wanted a stronger jawline. She was quite receding.

The procedure broke up her jawbone to readjust and it was the better part of a 6-months process for which she was off work. I'm sure she ate thru a straw for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks