What's new

Major DirecTV announcement today (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I'll believe it when I see it. Big Pun Intended ;) Given DirecTV's history of compression of their channels.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I wonder if this is in response to the Dish Network's new satellite dish that will provide for more HD?

Either way, I will be switching to Direct TV in the future if this becomes a reality, until then I am happy with my local stations (except for NBC, dang it get it together and start to re-send your HD signal, just doing it the winter olympics and then cutting it off was a bad decision)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Not only it's in response to Dish, but how many people you know subscribe to DTV's expensive high speed internet connection. Why not use that extra equipment for HD t.v.

pradike

Stunt Coordinator
Dish does not offer local HDTV channels, nor does it have plans to offer it in the near future. Its still behind D*TV in launching local channels overall, but will catch up a the end of this year. A D*TV launch of local HDTV channels would be a quantum leap over everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks