What's new

Magazine subscriptions on ebay (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Have you folks seen these? There are tons of magazine subscriptions offered on ebay, for ridiculously low prices (one year of ESPN magazine for $5, three years of Spin for $7.99).

The listings I looked into were all by sellers with fantastic ebay ratings.

Anyone know if these are legit and how they are made possible? I have a hunch, but I'd like to hear others' opinions.

Jon

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
They're probably legit. Magazines make all their money from advertising. The more subscribers they have the more money they get from the ads. That's why it's not uncommon to see free subscriptions handed out.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I do this all the time. I even have AIM contacts that get me good prices. They're legit don't worry about it, just make sure they aren't new members and that you save your positive feedback until you receive your first issue.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I first was made aware of this on a news program. It is legit. These companies buy blocks of subscriptions from the publishing companies for next to nothing. This is actually profitable for the magazines, because the higher their subscription numbers, the more money they can charge for advertising.

I have several subscriptions through Ebay. The best is probably Entertainment Weekly. I have a 3 year subscription for $13.95!

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Dang, and I just ordered a subscription to Newsweek via the normal card-falling-out-of-the-magazine-and-onto-the-floor route.

I went ahead and contacted a dozen ebayers who bought their subs back in October/November and asked about their experience. I just sent the emails yesterday and have already received three polite replies; all are satisfied.

I'm gonna order some of these puppies.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks