What's new

Mad Men DVD Rumor (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Chauvinistic men slapping secretarys' behinds, smoking non-filter cigarettes like chimneys, and drinking 100 proof hi-balls in the office before lunch just to get started - what's not to love?

Actually, it is a great show, written by former Sopranos writer Matthew Weiner. Rod Serling knew this early 1960s skyscraper business world well and frequently based Twilight Zone episodes around these stressed-out big city types (plus "Patterns"). Now we get that same world in high definition detail and get a lurid glimpse behind their secretarys' and wives' points of view, too. And that quintessential icon of early 60s' business movies ("How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying") - Robert Morse, appears as the owner of the ad agency.

AMC has renewed the show for a second season coming later in the summer, so the first season DVD set will probably hit just before that. Put away your B&W TV DVDs from the same era for a spell and scope this out when it does.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I have to add that this is one of the most interesting shows to come out this past year. I'm excited that they're going to offer it on DVD.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mad Men and Damages got me through an incredibly long summer last year. I'll definitely grab the set (Lionsgate, maybe a Blu Ray edition, too...?) whenever it hits. What a great, involving show!

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Jason, do you think it's as good as Damages? Because Damages was one of the most amazing shows of last year and it would be great if I could sink my teeth into another equally amazing show.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jim, I think they're every bit each other's equal. Excellent casting, involving writing...the only place I think Mad Men has a leg up is the music and production design because of the era being recreated. It takes an episode or two to really get going-at least IMHO-but once it does, more layers to each character are revealed. Completely fascinating show.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow, July 1 is really starting to become loaded with releases...good news, though, which means Season 2 should premiere by the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks