What's new

Macross Plus DVD Question (1 Viewer)

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
I had see this movie a long time ago, and enjoy a lot with it. But now i´m planning to buy it, and stop at animeondvd.com. They say there were two pressing of the second disc, and that these discs have sound problems.
Altough i read all the review, i don´t know how important the problem is.
Any experience with these discs?
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=Jugernaut

Ed Speir IV

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. Both original pressings of Macross Plus volumes 1 and 2 had missing center channel information on the 5.1 English track. Any DVDs on the shelf now should be the corrected pressings as this was fixed over a year ago.
I also believe that one of the soundtrack songs on volume 2 was lost and had to be recreated; however, in my opinion you cannot tell the difference.
These are very good DVDs of an excellent anime series and are worth getting. The "Top Gun" of anime!
Hope this info helps!

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Yeah the repressing is available everywhere right now. You'd be extremely hard pressed to find the defective disc anywhere.
These are very good DVDs of an excellent anime series and are worth getting.
Definitely! Read the review on my site (link is in my sig), and you'll see just how much I like it :)
------------------
www.DigitalHoard.com
All-Around Anime Goodness

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator
About the missing soundtrack. On the dub version for the fourth episode, there is a different piece of music used during one of the battles. For some reason they did not get this particular piece of music when originally making the dub. Since the CD containing that track hadn't been released, they used another piece instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.