What's new

M&K specials too good to be true (1 Viewer)

jschlesi

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I ran across some discontinued Miller and Kreisel speakers. I know the company is defunct. But when new some of these went for big dollars when the company was still alive.
I am not allowed to post the URL-- But we are talking 650 LCR for 400/pr
I am looking at the 650 and 750THX LCR and 850 surrounds.
What do you guys think? Speakers in name only. Or great deal profiting on left over stock.......

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
if they are the real deal, it could be a very good deal. there were definitely fake M&K speakers out there before the closed down. if it's a reputable seller, i'd think you could be ok.

jschlesi

Auditioning
Real Name
John
The company has been around for awhile and specialize in discontinued sub wholesale electronics. they are closed on the weekend so i will know when I call on Monday. The just put up some M&K 750THX LCRs that were highly regarded and very costly before M&K died.

Brent_S

Second Unit
M&K did an inventory liquidation, as usually happens when a company declares bankruptcy. ApexJr has had a few raw M&K parts for a while...sub drivers and amps mainly.

Would be curious to know who's liquidating the completed systems. I'm surprised it took this long for them to show up.

-Brent

chiarch1

Auditioning
Real Name
Hans
to John:

I just came across this website after learning for the first time last week M&K went out of business. I was hoping to purchase a LCR 750 THX center-channel speaker but there doesn't seem to be any backstock out there since almost a year has passed since M&K went out of business. I am curious as to what you learned about this company who supposedly still has some M&K inventory. Was it the real deal - i.e. speakers made (or at least tested to factory specs) in the USA? or were they foreign knock-offs? If I can't find a real M&K speaker I have been told that Canton 250 and DefTech Miros7 are aq close match and will take a look at those.....would rather have M&K as the rest of my system is all M&K

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks