What's new

M&K Dealers in DFW? (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Anybody know where to get M&K speakers in the Dallas area? Their site lists one company in Mesquite and another in Arlington. I'm wondering if there are any in the North Dallas/Plano area.

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure, but I think Marvin Electronics carries them as well. Also, the Home Theater Store carries them, too.
I think I also remember seeing them in "The Great Indoors".

eric_kl

Grip
As funny as it sounds, try The Great Indoors. They carry M&K. They also carry Energy, Jamo, Canton, Polk Audio, and Kef. Maybe others.

Pretty good stuff for an affiliate of Sears.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

David, is Home Theater Store on Preston near George Bush? Or was that the one up near Park that was consumed by Tweeter?

I'll try the Great Indoors also, I got to head that way some night this week anyways. I was there recently, but I didn't look that close as I thought their layout was kind of crappy and figured they didn't have much good stuff. I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
I am not sure about that location. The only Great Indoors I know about is the new one in Arlington.

Great choice on the speakers, though. I have a 7.1 surround setup (except for the sub they are all M&K.....of course, what else!)

You will be most thrilled with them....

I still have a couple of pairs lying around that I haven't yet put in my study. Can't wait to get them hooked up in the 4th HT of my home!!!
(There's the MAIN HT, the master bedroom HT, the loft HT for the kids, and all that remains is my PERSONAL HT in my study.....ain't this shit fun!!!)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the input guys. Actually The Home Theater Store I was thinking of is at 635 and Preston, along with Hillcrest, which is now a Tweeter company. The Home Theater Store has dropped everything but B&W, Def Tech, and the most evil, vile speaker of them all. But then, who doesn't sell those?

I went to the Great Indoors at the Tollway and Alpha in Addison. They had the S-150AC set up as left and right speakers and they had 750s and a few of the surrounds, subs and smaller speakers. They didn't have anything playing in that room, and no one seemed interested in helping me, so I didn't spend much time there. I'll hit Sound Idea this weekend if they're open.

David, what models do you have? I'm thinking of getting 850s all around, or perhaps S-5000s for the mains and 850s for the rest. Although I was shocked at the size of the S-150, I hadn't seen those before. I know the website has the dimensions, but I just couldn't imagine what they looked like. In all the pictures they looked real big.

Damn, I just checked the M&K website. I'm certain they had the S-150AC marked at $437 at Great Indoors. That's half of MSRP! They had the 750s at $750, which is MSRP. That just seems odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks