Lutron lights and Pronto Remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tommy_C, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Tommy_C

Tommy_C Stunt Coordinator

I am not sure where to put this but here goes:

I just got my 3 spacer system and remote master set up and running. Now I want to be able to control it with my Pronto 2000. How would I get it to learn the IR codes with out a remote?

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

3. Tommy_C

I found that site, thanks. The problem is I have no clue what to do there. I know I down load one of those files but what happens or what does it do. Will it prompt me or have instructions.

TC

4. Eric Samonte

OK....u download the Lutron CCF. Now with ur ProntoEdit running open ur own CCF.....after it loads, open the Lutron CCF. It will now prompt u if u want to replace or merge. Click on merge. U now have Lutron controls on ur Pronto Edit. Go to Devices and select Lutron and hit a panel there. U will see several buttons corresponding to the scenes as well as on/off Dim and bright. Now download it to ur actual TSU2000 and try it out on ur lights.

5. jjames

jjames Auditioning

I've done that also, but how do you get the Pronto or Lutron Spacers to learn a different scene?
    I've got those CCF's to work but I can't modify the scenes.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
    Jeff

6. Eric Samonte

I'm not sure about changing the scenes. U might have to get some more equipment...like a Grafik eye. Maybe someone will chime in on this.
    As for me, I only have a lamp dimmer and control it with the CCFs I got. I didn't even buy an original Lutron remote.

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Moved to Tweaking/Connections/Accessories.

8. Tommy_C

You must set the scene on the spacer and the remote will just activate that scene. This is the CCF I used and it works great. I used the SPS-5WCR to set 5 different scenes. You can also use the SPS-5WC (that one sets up next to the swtiches while the 5WCR is a remote location unit)

Use the CCF file by Barry Robbins under the lutron downloads.

TC

9. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

What do you mean by scenes, I have a couple of Spacers, but never heard of scenes. [​IMG]
    I created my own little Pronto Lutron page, and used the IR remote to teach commands. Worked out ok. I have 2 different buttons for different levels of increase or decrease. I think I called one Bump (+ and -), and one Step (+ and -). Step is one quick increment or decrement. Bump is about 3 times as much increment or decrement. Then I have a fader as well that slow fades to off. That is the effect when you press and hold a Lutron that is on, then release.
    Sometime soon, I can make it available if anyone wants the page for evaluation.
    Lex