What's new

Loved the 'WHY WIDE-SCREEN?' feature on the 'PEARL HARBOR DC', however... (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Why did they make it so hard to find and identify in the menu? It's not even labled in the menu, it's just a little red star in the audio set-up.
But otherwise it's great, just like the Why Wide-screen feature on the Die Hard 5 Star. Perfect for audio video stores to play in a continuous loop for the customers.
Say what you will about Michael Bay, but the man is passionate about us seeing his films in their OAR's. Gotta love him for that.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
They put it there because they don't want uninformed people to know about these things. If they learn stuff about widescreen, *poof* go the sales of fullscreen DVDs!

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
It is very strange. I knew it existed and still it took me a good 5 minutes to find it. I even thought it was a misprint and checked all the other discs. Then went back to the first disc and finally found it. To me it looks more like an Easter Egg.

Ron Birk

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Jeffrey,
how exactly does it hurt the studios if the public knows about OAR!? All the converts will start to buy the alternative: the wide-screen editions.

That's definatly a GOOD thing!

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Well, if they sell fullscreen copies, the people who bought them will have to buy widescreen editions when they get 16:9 TVs and complain about the sidebars...thus making them twice as much money. That's the real thinking behind P&S DVDs...so they can sucker customers into buying two editions: P&S now, and widescreen down the road.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Another possibility why some of the DVDs are in Fullscreen is to attract the FullScreen lovers to DVD. Then when the time comes, SOCK IT TO 'EM! Force widescreen on them and watch how fast they'll go back to VHS. LOL Well, educate them, and they'll HAVE to accept it. Anyway, by that time, almost everybody will own a widescreen HDTV set. Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks