What's new

lots of stuff, dont know where to connect (1 Viewer)

PTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
I recently bought a Panasonic SA-HT940, and its been driving me nuts with the wiring. I have a VCR, a karaoke mixer, a sound equalizer, cable, and not a HDtv and I've been trying to figure out how to get all of them to work. I figured out how to get each one of them work one at a time but couldnt figure out how to get them all to work together. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I couldn't find the exact model on the Panasonic site but similar models only have a single input. You need a switcher or a system with a receiver that has multiple inputs.

-Robert

PTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter

oh, the site says SC-HT940 but the DVD player says SA, but I'm pretty sure they're the same

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's the model I looked at. It has a single input. Like I said, you need a switch box (some are available at Wal-Mart) or a receiver that has multiple inputs. Take a look at this one in the For Sale section. The second picture shows the inputs/outputs.

-Robert

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum, Peter!

One of the first rules of home theater is to make sure the equipment you buy will fit your needs. With a karoke, VCR and cable TV you need a receiver with at least three inputs. You didn’t mention a DVD player – if you have one or will in the future, you need four inputs.

Your best bet would be to return the Panasonic.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

PTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
the home theater system came with a dvd player, which I think is where I'm supposed to plug everything in. I dont nessicarily(sp?) need my VCR to be connected to the speakers, but the TV and karaoke is my main priority right now.

Edit:thanks for welcoming me to the forums by the way

PTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
okay, I just bought the receiver, any tips on how to plug everything?

Edit - Darn, just figured out my DVD player doesnt have an audio out, any suggestions?

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
DVD, TV, Karaoke, VCR, etc are considered components that need to be connected to an intergraded receiver. The intergraded receiver, (intergraded receiver =amplifier+preamp+AM/FM Tuner)(Preamp is where you plug all the components into) that was recommended above, the Pio Elite if available, would be an excellent choice. The next thing you'll need are speakers, and your on your way to HT.

Is the DVD you mentioned, also have a radio built in?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks