What's new

LotR TTT - adventure card and/or coupons? (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Is there a coupon book inserted with LotR: TTT this time or is there just the Adventure Card? Is the Adventure Card with all copies or in just certain stores?

Has anyone seen any specific deals for the Adventure Card?

Is there a rebate through coupon or Adventure Card for buying the Extended Edition in November?

Thanks,

Neil

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
My copy (bought at Circuit City) included the adventure card and a mini-catalog for LOTR collectibles. There was no coupon book or rebate for the EE.

I'm not sure if the adventure cards are in all copies of TTT, but I do know that at least Best Buy, K-Mart and Circuit City have them as inserts. Not sure about other stores. My adventure card had the Circuit City logo on it, so it seems each store has an exclusive card.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
My copy from Target also included an adventure card. Using the unique PIN on the card, and by logging onto www.lotradventure.com gains you access to 'discounts, downloads, games, and more'.

While I didn't get a catalog of collectibles, I did get a free 2-litre bottle of 7-Up, along with $3 off any 2 packages of Duracells.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I tried to log on with this stupid card and it wouldn't let me in. It said that the pin number I entered (from the back of my card) was invalid.

After trying it several times, a different warning came up, advising me to contact [email protected].

Has anyone been able to get on the site? If so, can you tell me if there is a discount for the Extended Edition? Since it was omitted from the Two Towers DVD (there was mail-in in the Fellowship DVD), that is the only reason I'm bothering with this silly promotion.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
AFAIK, all copies of TTT will have the card. It's an experimental thing, sort of like the Total Axess feature. I think some cards may be modified for the store they are sold at (ie: buy it at Best Buy and get a Best Buy themed site when you login, with special BB coupons).

Chris

Michael Bee

Auditioning
Several people who post at the DVDFile forums, myself included, haven't been able to access the Adventure Card thing either.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I tried to log on with this stupid card and it wouldn't let me in. It said that the pin number I entered (from the back of my card) was invalid.
Ditto for me too.:angry: :angry: :angry:
It doesn't work.

I sent them an E-Mail when the option came up after many failed attempts.

Shawn S

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
I also have had no success, and have sent in an email...maybe they have sold too many and don't have them all in the system yet....:angry:

oh well...at least the dvd rocks :D

David James

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine copy as part of the Blockbuster deal. It has the card and I was able to log in. I ended up buying a set of posters from the New Line site, $10 off.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Bought mine from CostCo with the 5.00 off coupon included with another DVD purchase (13.76 final price). No adventure card though.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I finally got it to take the code this morning from work.
I guess the system was just overwhelmed last night.

There are some nice deals there. I may be doing some shopping this weekend. :D:D:D

Shawn S

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Shawn, please tell us about the best deals.

We lost power in our area last night and still haven't got it back today, so I don't know when I'll be able to find out on my own.

Neil

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Here are some of the DVD deals from the adventure card.

The Discounts & Savings menu option takes you nowhere for DVDs. I hope that eventually the NEW LINE link (which now just goes to the homepage) will have a $5/$10 off the TTT Extended Versions, but I doubt it.

The 'SHOP BEST BUY' menu option at the top has the good deals. First, there's a coupon - Save $5 off any OTHER Lord of the Rings DVD When you Buy LOTR:TTT Extended Version. Too bad, I already have them all - the National Geographic docu, the Hobbit, Bakshi, Return of the King...

Then, if you go to MOVIES, there are lots of good coupons. For example, save $5 off Willard DVD. I know I'll be using that one.
The same deal also is on How To Deal, Knockaround Guys, Run Ronnie Run, A Man Apart and Unconditional Love. Unfortunately, some of these coupons only have a 4-day window in which you can use them.

There's also a coupon for $5 off any video game over $39.99, 10% off microwaves, vaccuum cleaners and Plasma and LCD TVs.

Bryan_Bortz

Stunt Coordinator
heh, mine did not work either, I emailed and got this back today:

Subject: Your lotradventure.com PIN code
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 2:57:00 PM America/Chicago

Thank you for contacting us. It seems our Elvish to English translator made an error when identifying your code.* Please travel back to the site and try your Adventure Card PIN code to begin your journey to Middle-earth.
Sincerely,
The Lord*of the Rings Adventure Card Customer Service
[/b]

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It seems that there are custom Adventure Card offers depending on from where you bought it in addition to the standard set of offers. I bought mine from BJs and it seems they didn't offer anything extra and of course I didn't see the Best Buy ones.

Of the regular offers, the New Line one of posters and the Houghton Mifflin one for a book look the most enticing so far.

The desktops accessible from the card look pretty cool as well.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks