What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

LOTR: ROTK- EE DVD case colour ? (1 Viewer)

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Nah, I got it from another LOTR forum- not sure where they got it from. Looks like some sort of press flyer.

I agree with you, I can't wait for the EE.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be the most anticipated DVD release EVER for me, by a fairly wide margin. The combination of the unseen extended cut, and the by-now familiar pattern of the fantastic collection of extras, is going to have me on the verge of climbing the walls to get immersed in this DVD set by the time I read some of the reviews in the week or two before it's out.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Five pages about a box?

I think the blue is the best looking one of the series, and that the colors were fitting for each film. Its sort of like, at least in my opinion, that green represents how everythign looked i nthe first film, with the forests of the Shire and numerous other places they traveled in. Its when everything was still safe and calm but was to ultimately change. The red represents the fire of battle and the beginning of war and death. The blue is a cooling color which means everything is coming to a close and will soon end, as well as beign a sort of royal color. Thats just a quick interpretation I had of the colors.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
This keeps reminding me of the Simpsons episode where they take a trip to a box factory.

Five pages going on six...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be quite nice to see all three EE's sitting next to each other on my bookshelf.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

Could be worse.

Could be talking about silica. ;)

(And I think the blue will work fine...)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
How many pages are in the Star Trek VI thread where everyone said things like "All the keepcases are white in East Lansing" and "Yeah they're all white here in Dayton too"?

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The DVD has already been reviewed (sans extra disc) by this mob:

Glorious DVD review

The screen shots look pretty genuine, unless they're from a screener (which, given the MPAA's stance this year would be pretty hard to come by).

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

Disc one of the theatrical cut has been obtained somehow and is currently making the rounds in various piracy rings (no pun intended). I'm sure that's what this is.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Well, that would explain why their spec sheet for their DVD reviews is identical to that of DVD File's, right down to the font.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Since the entire film is on disc 1, I was worried about the quality of the transfer, but this review has certainly eased my fears.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Is this thread still about the EE?

Anyway, I don't expect any great difference in the transfer quality between ROTK TE and the two predecessors.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I really don't care one iota about the Theatrical Version. Bring on the Extended 4-Disc, baby!

jonathanR

Stunt Coordinator
I know this might be out of category but about 3 months ago I bought the EE of LOTR: FOTR. I just recently ran it for a test run and found out that Disc #1 has a glitch on it. It's right when Gandolf leaves the tower on horse back. It jumps for like 4 seconds. I don't believe it's scratched. Am I gonna have to buy the set all over agian or borrow a friends' to make a dvdxcopy of it? I dont think I can buy 1 out of 4 from Newline. Ahhhhhh.

Joe:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks