What's new

LOTR: ROTK- EE DVD case colour ? (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
MY TEACHERS LIED TO ME!

At least now I almost understand why TV use red, blue and green, and not red, blue and yellow. (Actually, I don't understand, but I know that there is a reason for it).

I just have the image in in my head of the colour circle, with primary colours of red, blue and yellow, and secondary colours mixed in between - orange, green and purple. Now I need to completely change my thinking on this matter. Still, good link. Thanks for that.

Anyway, back onto the subject - the case will be blue. If you don't like it, if you think it should be an earth tone or whatever, fine, be unhappy about it, it's a silly reason to be unhappy but that's your choice, the decision has been made by those who make the decisions, full stop. I'm looking forward to it, I have never had any doubt that it will look good, and the important thing is that fact that it's a damn good movie, not that you dislike the colour of the case. Can we stop this thread now, because with the exception of the discussion about primary colours, I honestly don't see that it is fulfilling any purpose other than getting a lot of people on both sides annoyed for no reason at all.

Never discuss religion, politics, or the colour of the LOTR DVD case.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I just had a thought while I was browsing through DVDs at the store. Maybe the color scheme has nothing to do with each movie and is simply the order that New Line likes to put their trilogies in. For example, the Austin Powers trilogy, check out those keepcases. International Man of Mystery - Green, The Spy Who Shagged Me - Red, Goldmember - Blue! True they aren't the exact same shades, but something tells me that New Line is partial to this color scheme, and is gonna stick with it.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
My roommate has candles that are colored according to earth tones.

Green = Wood (FOTR EE Box Color)
Red = Fire (TTT EE Box Color)
The final color stands for Water which of course would put out fire.
Water = Purple or Dark Blue, more purple in color.

It makes sense if you look at the storyline of the trilogy. Green which stands for wood, could stand for the Shire and the easy going life. Red stands for fire, which in TTT would stand for the upcoming battles and general peril in both TTT and ROTK. Purple which stands for water could stand for the extinguishment of the battles and peril in ROTK.

So I think it will be Purple or Purple like in color.
Just my thoughts.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I like how they have the EE box set there too but it is covered up. That's just evil! :)

What time of year did they announce the details of bonus SideShow/WETA statue that comes with the EE gift set for FOTR and TTT?

They will officially announce the May 25th release date for the ROTK:TE on Monday (So happy that it is three months earlier than last year). I believe they officially announced the FOTR and TT EE and EE gift set (that they were coming) in the same announcements forw the TE's. But they didn't give the exact release date of the EE so early, or did they? Meaning, will we also get the release date of the EE on Monday,or will they just say that it is coming "this Fall" and more details will follow later?

What time of year did we actually see real pictures of the Argonath book ends and Smeagol statues? I can't wait to find out what the SS/W figure will be since I have really got into collecting their stuff this year. It won't just be the One Ring, that's for sure.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Nice work, Chazz! Where did you get that image from, somewhere on the official web site? Geez, 4 pages worth of posts on this...

It looks like the color I've been picturing in my head, great stuff. It'll fit in very nicely with the first two EEs. But this also makes me even more desperate than I already am to have this EE--my DVD shelf is going to feel so incomplete to me without this until it gets released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks