What's new

LOTR: ROTK- EE DVD case colour ? (1 Viewer)

Zak Hepburn

Stunt Coordinator
I Think Blue is the way it's going.
Everthing(bar the LE Score)has the blue wraping.
I have the Blue TTT LE score and it fits in very nice with the Green and Red from FOTR & ROTK ,so I think the DVD should do the same.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
You will see the pictures closer to when the DVD's will be released- just like the last two.

Personally? I think that picture of 'all three DVDs together' is balooney and a figment of someone's imagination. I could always be proven wrong with a picture and a source, but it looks like 3 pages of requests for it hasn't done a thing.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
The three volumes of the hardover edition of The Complete History of Middle-earth are green, red and blue (maybe not in that order). ;)

Rob T

Screenwriter
water is the source of all life. blue seems like a natural colour for the case of the last set to me. :)

Barquero

Auditioning
It seems to me that the DVD case for The Two Towers (EE) should have been of charcoal color with hints of very dark blue. This would match some of the dominant color schemes and moods within the movies most important scenes and locations, that obviosly include: Helm's Deep, Fangorn Forrest and Osgiliath.

The DVD case for Return of the King should be a dark red. The same red that is present on the The Two Towers EE case.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

That should be the color of the insert, just like with the first two EEs. Parchment colors are not used as the color on a book cover, just the pages inside.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
It's funny that this is the first time I've noticed this thread. The box will definitely be blue. Dell has some sort of cd gift set when you buy a computer that contains the game and some other items. The picture they show looks like the extended edition box. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the actual box because it has the same design as the other two and it also is a 4 disc set. If I can find the picture, I'll try to post it but I might have thrown the ad out.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

Found it!

http://69.20.13.39/framer.cfm?type=coupon&id=1781

Of course it's not the actual Extended box, but they were clearly aiming for that style/design. I hope this will finally put an end to the ridiculous notion that the EE(or the TE for that matter) will be white/creme/tan/hot pink etc. Not that I would be terribly surprised if it doesn't end......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks