What's new

LOTR fan club - name in credits thing (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Hey HTFers,

Sorry if this is covered in the movie's official thread. I didn't really want to read through the whole thing. I was wondering what the deal with the fanclub was. A while back, there was a fanclub mentioned where you'd get all this cool stuff and you'd get your name in the credits (on the DVD). I haven't heard anything about it in a while and I was wondering if you guys knew what the deal was.

-marshall

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
It's just a fan-club. If you signed up before some random date in January, you are an "inaugural member" or something like that. Each movie will have those names listed in the credits (near the very bottom, I assume).

The rules were:

1 yr subscription - FOTR credits only

2 yr subscription - FOTR and TTT credits

3 yr subscription - All 3 credits

You also get a bimonthly magazine, and some other stuff. I signed up, so I made it. I didn't really care as much about the DVD credits as I did in getting some cool goods down the line. I am sure I'll check the 5 million names (note exaggeration) for mine when I watch the DVD's.

Take care,

Chuck

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
The reason I ask is that I also signed up, but I haven't recieved jack yet. Have you recieved the magazine?

thanks,

Marshall

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
No. I checked the website over the weekend. They said the inaugural packages are "in the warehouse," ready for shipping. So we should be getting the goods soon:D
Take care,
Chuck

Kami

Screenwriter
I'm also a charter member. The charter membership (DVD credits and some other perks like 3 limited edition 12x16 inch lithographs) offer is no longer available though. But you can still get the regular membership.
You can get better updates if you read their message boards. They say the packages should be shipping this week, so we could be receiving our first package (first magazine, membership packet, lithographs) within a week or two! :)
As for the amount of people, I think I read on their boards once that there was about 5000 charter members. A moderator posted it.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Kami and Chuck,
Thanks for the replys. I have another stupid question :)
What is their web address?
Thanks again,
Marshall

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I did something like this for Shadow Of The Vampire.
We got a rolled poster, a DVD and our names in the DVD credits. DVD credits should not be confused with movie credits.
But I'm "in there" and it was worth it for me. :)
Jim

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Now I understand the Digital Bits rumor that the November release will consist of four discs. One disc of dvd credits. ;)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
If I have to sacrifice my "fame" for bit-space, I'll happily do it. It's neat, and I'll probably look once. Other than that, whatever! I am excited to get the other extras, even the magazine. It's my first fan-club!

Take care,

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks