What's new

Lost in Space vs. Scooby Doo (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Umm...nope. Lost in Space made $20.1 it's first weekend, and although it did "knock Titanic out of the top stop" it's important to remember Titanic had already been out for something like 13 weeks. Lost in Space beat Titanic that weekend, but it's gross was also higher than Titanic's was the previous 6 weeks.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Lilo & Stitch said:
If Ebert says its the best film Spielberg has ever made, I'm there opening weekend. Ebert knows what makes a good sci-fi film, so I trust him. Now Roeper on the other hand could say it's the best film ever made, I still wouldn't listen to him. :)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Scooby-Doo is actually a fun kids' movie with special effects that are appropriate to the material.

The main problem with Lost in Space in my opinion was the Time Travel Paradox that was introduced. This film was advertised and promoted as a space fantasy film based on the 60's series. The time travel segment of the plot strayed too far from the promoted concepts.

Scooby-Doo, on the other hand, delivers exactly what it promises, and delivers it very well. It's an enjoyable, mostly live-action, episode of the cartoon series; nothing more and nothing less. My five year old daughter loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks