What's new

Lost In Space: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) for $99 NOW! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Gary,

Maybe it isn't mentioned in this thread, but it is in the other....

Fox caught on to what was going on.

They stopped people from using the discount on the set, claiming it was under $100 and unqualified for the discount.

Some people, who did it very early on and had their cards charged, seemed to have gotten amnesty. Most others had their order cancelled.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Ronald Epstein said:
Gary,

Maybe it isn't mentioned in this thread, but it is in the other....

Fox caught on to what was going on.

They stopped people from using the discount on the set, claiming it was under $100 and unqualified for the discount.

Some people, who did it very early on and had their cards charged, seemed to have gotten amnesty. Most others had their order cancelled.
Thanks for reply. I'll just keep the coupon for something else.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
04/03/2015 Pending 20TH CENT FOX HOME ENT $69.99

Not charged yet. Just a pending authorization. Hope they don't decide to cancel me.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think I'll wait for a Price drop, I've been watching m DVD's of Season 2 , and some on Hulu, I still like the show , but the formula of Dr. Smith messing up the works, and his carrying on has gotton a bit old, I still prefer the B&W more serious episodes to the color ones., The current prints I guess are good enough for me.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Back when I was a kid, when Lost in Space was on the air, me and my friends would talk on the schoolyard comparing shows. Lost in Space was too goofy. Star Trek was serious and more "high class". The Addams Family was more serious and "high class" than The Munsters. Now that I'm an adult, I realize that all of it is goofy and all of it is "high class", just some of it has a sense of humor about itself and can generate genuine laughs, and some tends to be a bit stiff when it tries to be funny.

The three way interaction of Dr Smith, Will and Robot was the core of Lost In Space. (Just like Fowlfellow, Pinocchio and Jimminy Cricket.) And the goofy aliens straight out of the Christmas panto were the charm of the show. What some people see as weaknesses are actually the strengths. In high def, I'm sure the sets and costumes will look even more goofy, and that is a good thing for me.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm not sure it's a weakness, and I agree the Robot and Smith Will Dynamic is great, but the repetitive nature of the plots having Smith Drive the plot forward every week does get old. The 1st season was a bit more balanced in how it used all the characters, before it turned into the Dr. Smith Show.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
I'll be buying this release but season 2 is crap - lets be honest.

Is there anyone who can sit through The Questing Beast or The Space Vikings? 2 very low points for a season almost completely filled with them.

It speaks volumes that Prisoners of Space is the best episode . Not only does it feature less new footage than any other season 2 episode but it has clips from season 1. Has to be bad when you get nostalgic for a previous season.

First port of call when I get this will be season 3.

I've not seen the season 3 trailers in their proper place for 44 years.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Dave Scarpa said:
I still prefer the B&W more serious episodes to the color ones.
I agree. The color LIS episodes became more comicbook/childlike.

I seriously believe that some of the props they used were spray painted chlorox bottles.

It reminds me how the Adventures Of Superman was when they went to color...it lost its edge.

IMHO...Irwin Allen shows run hot for the first season or so, then they fall flat.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Sky King said:
Irwin Allen shows run hot for the first season or so, then they fall flat.

Yeah, Irwin would spend a fortune on the pilot episode so that the network would buy the series, but then he would pinch pennies on the rest of the episodes. His constant cheapness, recycling of props, and juvenile interest in nothing but explosions and monsters tended to hurt his series.

I have a special fondness for The Time Tunnel, which could have been a great series. You have a device that can send you to any location in time or space. This could give your writers an almost infinite canvas upon which to tell fascinating stories. Yet we were more often treated to stories about silver-skinned alien invaders. The great potential of this series was squandered on juvenile scripts.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I agree that the Time Tunnel had great potential, but seemed to lose steam quickly.

I can only think of 6 really good episodes out of a run of 30, for this show.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have a special fondness for The Time Tunnel, which could have been a great series. You have a device that can send you to any location in time or space. This could give your writers an almost infinite canvas upon which to tell fascinating stories. Yet we were more often treated to stories about silver-skinned alien invaders. The great potential of this series was squandered on juvenile scripts.
I used to like to try to guess what Fox films the stock-shots were taken from whenever they went back in time. There was talk of a Blu-ray release in the UK, but that seems to have gone away, & I think it was just a cheapo uprez anyway.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Billy Batson said:
I used to like to try to guess what Fox films the stock-shots were taken from whenever they went back in time.

Yes, isn't it amazing that history looks so much like the Fox film library! :)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The $99.99 price is back for Comic Con. Now through the weekend.

http://www.foxconnect.com/lost-in-space-complete-series.html

spache-001_beauty_shots_nwmg_r14.jpg

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Can't believe they stopped allowing the 30 % coupon. Guess it was too much of a good thing to last. :(

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Those going to Comic Con:

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release on Blu-ray the complete series of Lost in Space on September 15th—exactly 50 years after the show debuted in 1965. This Friday, a special panel and autograph signing featuring Lost in Space cast members will take place at Comic-Con.
The Lost in Space panel and autograph signing will feature stars Bill Mumy, Angela Cartwright, Mark Goddard and Marta Kristen. The panel will take place from 2:30pm - 3:30pm in Room 24ABC. Following the panel, the cast will participate in an autograph signing at Fox booth #4229 from 4:15pm–5:00pm.
Additionally, fans can keep an eye on #LostInSpace50 on Twitter to find out which locations to get limited edition Lost in Space T-shirts.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
mayberry66guy said:
Can't believe they stopped allowing the 30 % coupon. Guess it was too much of a good thing to last. :(

Yes, i would say so. My understanding is that they never intended the 30% coupon to be allowed in the first place. Many orders were cancelled that used the coupon during the original discount period. However, some of the early ones were still honored. I believe the coupon was no longer allowed after just a few days in that original period before they caught on to it and disallowed it.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Make sure the credit card you used to preorder your LIS set hasn't been changed because of fraud to your account, etc. They are not taking money early, only when the item ships. If I had not called after my card got impacted for fraud, I would not have received my set because obviously the payment never would have gone through. Even when I called, it was impossible for them to update the card number associated with my order. She had to cancel it and reorder the set using my new info. The reason I am posting my story is this: I only got the 99.99 price on my new order because it is on sale for that price now. If it hadn't been, I would have, according to the sales associate I spoke with, been left out in the cold.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Tried to Pre-order again today......

Same result of what I posted on April 3rd at the beginning of this thread.

Amazing! With the economy the way it is and still some companies refuse to sell their product with no real reason whatsoever.

They seem to forget that Puerto Rico is a US territory with the same laws, same banks, same US $, same US Postal Service... as any other state.

Wonder if Alaska and Hawaii get the same treatment just because they are not part of the contiguous 48 states....

:(

Agree!

It won't let me checkout even though I'm in Puerto Rico which is part of the USA.

RIDICULOUS !

Guess I'll have to wait for Amazon.... or COSTCO or Best Buy here which had the Batman Blu-ray set on release date at the same price as Amazon (except with the added tax).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks