What's new

Lost In Space: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
In an attempt to rekindle my love for LIS, I just bought something I have wanted since I was eight: a Jupiter 2 model kit.

DSC07117.JPG

A few months ago, with the help of a friend, I built a season two laser pistol that is very cool (which I have also wanted since I was eight). Methinks the Jupiter model will be just as challenging, though in a different way.

finished.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
In an attempt to rekindle my love for LIS, I just bought something I have wanted since I was eight: a Jupiter 2 model kit.

View attachment 48611

A few months ago, with the help of a friend, I built a season two laser pistol that is very cool (which I have also wanted since I was eight). Methinks the Jupiter model will be just as challenging, though in a different way.

View attachment 48613
Very nice!

I had this one:

21561985_1_x.jpg

But for some reason never purchased the saucer. Mom threw out that one above when she and dad moved to the city where I now live (~20 years ago). They threw out a bunch of my models without asking if I wanted to come get them... I had the Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser with light up effects (built-in lights) which also got thrown out. :(

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
At least on BATMAN, the Dynamic Duo did take it a bit further with the computer card printouts. Discerning multiple paragraphs from two blinking lights? Good Grief!:rolleyes:

CHEERS! :)

Until they fed the bat computer alpha bet soup. LOL!!!

In the sixties, the majority of people did not have a clue how a computer worked or what they looked like. That coupled with very low budgets (basically, televised theatrical plays), didn't leave much for technical accuracy. You kind of have to go with it, allowing the imagination to fill in the rest.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Very nice!

I had this one:

21561985_1_x.jpg

But for some reason never purchased the saucer. Mom threw out that one above when she and dad moved to the city where I now live (~20 years ago). They threw out a bunch of my models without asking if I wanted to come get them... I had the Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser with light up effects (built-in lights) which also got thrown out. :(
I had the exact opposite experience. My parents saved absolutely everything. We had to rent a dumpster to clean out the house when they both were gone. Some things were treasures, but mostly they were things like my highschool notebooks every gas bill for 50 years etc. etc. We filled the dumpster twice.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I've always had the ability to totally suspend disbelief on just about anything. If Mr. Spock and Capt. Kirk tell me there's a barrier at the edge of the galaxy, then so be it. For the purposes of that show and the enjoyment thereof, I'm OK with accepting that in THEIR universe, that's all true. If Irwin Allen's TIME TUNNEL can show us what the time travelers are doing - and from different angles! - then I'm OK with that too. It's true in THEIR universe.

When they get contradictory within their own universes, that's tough to take.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I don't write any of this to dump on Trek, because I am a fan of TOS, but I think it tends to get WAY too much of a free ride regarding its own scientific absurdities and internal contradictions that pre-date the point when Trekkies will use the name of Fred Freiberger as their convenient boogeyman.

1-In "Court-Martial" the key to the story is how we shouldn't be so trusting of computers and computer data that is used to point to Kirk's guilt. Yet in "Wolf In The Fold" we now have a foolproof computer that can always tell if anyone is ever lying!

2-Uhura getting her retraining from a blank slate to "college level" in just a few days in "The Changeling". Gee, if this thing *really* could do all that, then in theory everyone in childhood should be able to get a college education in a week!

3-There sure wasn't consistency on that old Prime Directive. Kirk in theory should have accepted death for himself and his landing party in "A Taste Of Armageddon" under it's literal definition.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I don't write any of this to dump on Trek, because I am a fan of TOS, but I think it tends to get WAY too much of a free ride regarding its own scientific absurdities and internal contradictions that pre-date the point when Trekkies will use the name of Fred Freiberger as their convenient boogeyman.

1-In "Court-Martial" the key to the story is how we shouldn't be so trusting of computers and computer data that is used to point to Kirk's guilt. Yet in "Wolf In The Fold" we now have a foolproof computer that can always tell if anyone is ever lying!

2-Uhura getting her retraining from a blank slate to "college level" in just a few days in "The Changeling". Gee, if this thing *really* could do all that, then in theory everyone in childhood should be able to get a college education in a week!

3-There sure wasn't consistency on that old Prime Directive. Kirk in theory should have accepted death for himself and his landing party in "A Taste Of Armageddon" under it's literal definition.

I have to disagree with you on the first one. The computer IS trusted, until Spock proves that it's been tampered with. That's not a contradiction from saying that a computer is a useful tool as a lie detector. There was no reason to think that computer had been tampered with.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin

I tried to move the Star Trek conversation to the dedicated thread so that this thread could stay more relevant to Lost in Space, but no one seemed to follow me.:unsure:
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...ssion-thread-series-and-films.266525/page-669

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
That wasn't what bothered me. What bothered me was how Uhura got all her life experiences, memories and personality back. Memory is identity. Re-educating her wouldn't have been nearly enough.

Edit: I'm moving over there for all things Trek, too.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

View attachment 48611

View attachment 48613
This is my favorite LIS toy. I bought it at Target way back in '98 when the feature film came out. The figures are "Polly Pocket" size.
39242279_2114509135279020_7520954074255065088_n.jpg

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I noticed Vudu has the 1998 movie "free with ads." Is it a total waste of my time to watch or should I give it a try?

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I noticed Vudu has the 1998 movie "free with ads." Is it a total waste of my time to watch or should I give it a try?
I thought it was a fun movie. Enjoyed it more than most. The tone reminded me of the first five episodes of the 60's series. I would have watched more movies with that cast. And if you pay attention, there are some cameo appearances from some of the original cast.
DZrZbXAW0AADM2p.jpg

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Goddard, Lockhart, Kristen and Cartwright only. Harris turned down a cameo as the one who recruits Smith because his ego was still demanding he actually play Smith. But the failure to consider Bill Mumy as the "old Will" character prevented that plotline from registering with me.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
U can't beat the price but what it should have been was better ... New Line went bankrupt while they were making it so they had to try to put together a film with what they had ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks