1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost In Space: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer
    Supporter

Alan
    In an attempt to rekindle my love for LIS, I just bought something I have wanted since I was eight: a Jupiter 2 model kit.

DSC07117.JPG

A few months ago, with the help of a friend, I built a season two laser pistol that is very cool (which I have also wanted since I was eight). Methinks the Jupiter model will be just as challenging, though in a different way.

finished.

2. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    Very nice!

I had this one:

[​IMG]

But for some reason never purchased the saucer. Mom threw out that one above when she and dad moved to the city where I now live (~20 years ago). They threw out a bunch of my models without asking if I wanted to come get them... I had the Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser with light up effects (built-in lights) which also got thrown out. :(

3. ScottRE

ScottRE Second Unit

Scott
    The Polar Lights kit was so much fun to put together. Not super accurate but easier than the Moebius model, which IS very nicely cast.

Carabimero likes this.
  4. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    Until they fed the bat computer alpha bet soup. LOL!!!

In the sixties, the majority of people did not have a clue how a computer worked or what they looked like. That coupled with very low budgets (basically, televised theatrical plays), didn't leave much for technical accuracy. You kind of have to go with it, allowing the imagination to fill in the rest.

Flashgear and Tony Bensley like this.
  5. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer
    Supporter

Alan
    I looked at the Moebius and am wise enough to know which one I would probably actually finish and which one I wouldn't. Plus display space is a concern.

Flashgear and ScottRE like this.
  6. TJPC

TJPC Cinematographer

Terry Carroll
    I had the exact opposite experience. My parents saved absolutely everything. We had to rent a dumpster to clean out the house when they both were gone. Some things were treasures, but mostly they were things like my highschool notebooks every gas bill for 50 years etc. etc. We filled the dumpster twice.

Flashgear likes this.
  7. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    I've always had the ability to totally suspend disbelief on just about anything. If Mr. Spock and Capt. Kirk tell me there's a barrier at the edge of the galaxy, then so be it. For the purposes of that show and the enjoyment thereof, I'm OK with accepting that in THEIR universe, that's all true. If Irwin Allen's TIME TUNNEL can show us what the time travelers are doing - and from different angles! - then I'm OK with that too. It's true in THEIR universe.

When they get contradictory within their own universes, that's tough to take.

8. Jack P

Jack P Producer

I don't write any of this to dump on Trek, because I am a fan of TOS, but I think it tends to get WAY too much of a free ride regarding its own scientific absurdities and internal contradictions that pre-date the point when Trekkies will use the name of Fred Freiberger as their convenient boogeyman.

1-In "Court-Martial" the key to the story is how we shouldn't be so trusting of computers and computer data that is used to point to Kirk's guilt. Yet in "Wolf In The Fold" we now have a foolproof computer that can always tell if anyone is ever lying!

2-Uhura getting her retraining from a blank slate to "college level" in just a few days in "The Changeling". Gee, if this thing *really* could do all that, then in theory everyone in childhood should be able to get a college education in a week!

3-There sure wasn't consistency on that old Prime Directive. Kirk in theory should have accepted death for himself and his landing party in "A Taste Of Armageddon" under it's literal definition.

Darby67, Tony Bensley and Flashgear like this.
  9. RobertR

RobertR Executive Producer

I have to disagree with you on the first one. The computer IS trusted, until Spock proves that it's been tampered with. That's not a contradiction from saying that a computer is a useful tool as a lie detector. There was no reason to think that computer had been tampered with.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  10. Blimpoy06

Blimpoy06 Supporting Actor

Darin
    I tried to move the Star Trek conversation to the dedicated thread so that this thread could stay more relevant to Lost in Space, but no one seemed to follow me.:unsure:
    https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/scott-atwell-star-trek-discussion-thread-series-and-films.266525/page-669

Tony Bensley and Flashgear like this.
  11. ScottRE

ScottRE Second Unit

Scott
    I didn't know you tried to do that. My invitation must have gotten lost...In Spaaaaaaace!

12. ScottRE

ScottRE Second Unit

Scott
    I'm over there now. :)

Blimpoy06 likes this.
  13. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer
    Supporter

Alan
    That wasn't what bothered me. What bothered me was how Uhura got all her life experiences, memories and personality back. Memory is identity. Re-educating her wouldn't have been nearly enough.

Edit: I'm moving over there for all things Trek, too.

14. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

This is my favorite LIS toy. I bought it at Target way back in '98 when the feature film came out. The figures are "Polly Pocket" size.
    [​IMG]

15. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    I noticed Vudu has the 1998 movie "free with ads." Is it a total waste of my time to watch or should I give it a try?

Flashgear likes this.
  16. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    I had avoided it like the plague, but ultimately I watched it and didn't hate it.

Flashgear likes this.
  17. ScottRE

ScottRE Second Unit

Scott
    I loved it. Saw it 7 times in the theater.

Most fans hated it. Go in with an open mind.

Flashgear and B-ROLL like this.
  18. Blimpoy06

Blimpoy06 Supporting Actor

Darin
    I thought it was a fun movie. Enjoyed it more than most. The tone reminded me of the first five episodes of the 60's series. I would have watched more movies with that cast. And if you pay attention, there are some cameo appearances from some of the original cast.
    [​IMG]

Flashgear likes this.
  19. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Goddard, Lockhart, Kristen and Cartwright only. Harris turned down a cameo as the one who recruits Smith because his ego was still demanding he actually play Smith. But the failure to consider Bill Mumy as the "old Will" character prevented that plotline from registering with me.

Flashgear likes this.
  20. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    U can't beat the price but what it should have been was better ... New Line went bankrupt while they were making it so they had to try to put together a film with what they had ...

Flashgear likes this.