What's new

Lost In Space: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
this set includes the LOST IN SPACE FOREVER show as well as a BEHIND THE SCENES OF LOST IN SPACE FOREVER.

BEWARE this version of Lost in Space Forever is a butchered shortened version. It runs just over 44 minutes as opposed to the original 91 minute length. It's also been altered into the widescreen format.

I bought the set just to have LISF, at $20 I thought I was getting a deal compared to the OOP LISF DVD. Had I not opened the set, I would return it to Walmart.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Asking again...

Which set has the behind-the-scenes of Lost In Space Forever?

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Asking again...

I have not watched my entire blu ray set, so the behind the scenes may or not be on there.

However, they are included on the new DVD set as member Harry posted above in #662.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have not watched my entire blu ray set, so the behind the scenes may or not be on there.

However, they are included on the new DVD set as member Harry posted above.

Hmm. I have the original DVD set if there was one.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
BEWARE this version of Lost in Space Forever is a butchered shortened version. It runs just over 44 minutes as opposed to the original 91 minute length. It's also been altered into the widescreen format.

I didn't know that that Lost In Space retrospective was longer originally than its widescreen DVD presentation!

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I didn't know that that Lost In Space retrospective was longer originally than its widescreen DVD presentation!

I've been informed that the original DVD release run time of 91 minutes actually combines the run time of the special features AND LISF.

As I do not have the original release, I can't confirm that. I only know that the back cover states 91 minutes.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I've been informed that the original DVD release run time of 91 minutes actually combines the run time of the special features AND LISF.

As I do not have the original release, I can't confirm that. I only know that the back cover states 91 minutes.

So the original release had more bonuses besides that LIS retrospective?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Asking again...

The new Widescreen DVD release contains both a widecreen version of LISF and the behind the scenes LISF (Copyright 2018)
The blu-ray only lists an excerpt of LISF
754e85d6-0e6d-4942-af5a-b8ed9a858cf8_1.615f32f4bdeb6d5f58ea8f9ca0aa76b8.jpeg

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
The new Widescreen DVD release contains both a widecreen version of LISF and the behind the scenes LISF (Copyright 2018)
The blu-ray only lists an excerpt of LISF
754e85d6-0e6d-4942-af5a-b8ed9a858cf8_1.615f32f4bdeb6d5f58ea8f9ca0aa76b8.jpeg
Is this dvd a Walmart exclusive only with the digital ?

My season 1 disc 1 bluray will not play in my Sony players and plays fine on my PC LG . Any suggestions ?

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes , They still do not work in any Sony player I have used . I had a backup Panasonic blu-ray from 2012 . It plays fine . Think there must be some issue with Sony players . It also works on both pc players a LG and Asus using Cyberlink18 Powerdvd.
Firmware update in order maybe?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
FWIW - I had an old Sony BR player I finally dumped due to no firmware updates, very slow load times, and having more and more discs that wouldn't play in that system. In all fairness, it was a very early model from when they still had composite video outputs.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
FWIW - I had an old Sony BR player I finally dumped due to no firmware updates, very slow load times, and having more and more discs that wouldn't play in that system. In all fairness, it was a very early model from when they still had composite video outputs.
Someone over at bluray.com told me to put in a USB into the Sony players and It worked. Anyone having problems with there discs give it a try before spending a ton on tryin to get a new set .

I do not think it ever had anything to do with defects or scratches or the glue (which rubs off with a dvd cleaning cloth) Fox should of told people may not play in certain blu-ray players that have poor encryption decoding or whatever you may call it.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Someone over at bluray.com told me to put in a USB into the Sony players and It worked. Anyone having problems with there discs give it a try before spending a ton on tryin to get a new set .

I do not think it ever had anything to do with defects or scratches or the glue (which rubs off with a dvd cleaning cloth) Fox should of told people may not play in certain blu-ray players that have poor encryption decoding or whatever you may call it.
An external memory device (such as USB flash memory) with 1GB or more of available memory is required to use the BD-Live function. I recall early on some players having issues supporting BD-Live. If you don't use it, you may want to check the player configuration to see if you can turn it off. That's what I did early on. If so, you may no longer need the USB drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks