What's new

Los Lonely Boys - "Texican Style" DVD (1 Viewer)

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
I have died and gone to heaven listening to Los Lonely Boys Texican Style DVD. Los Lonely Boys are the three Garza brothers: Henry on guitar, Jojo on bass, and Ringo on drums.

The vocals, harmony and guitar playing are awesome ! It's good ole' Texican Blues with SRV, Santana thrown in! ;)

:emoji_thumbsup: 5 :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: group !!
:emoji_thumbsup: 5 :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: DVD

I am happy there are young bands with TALENT actually playing REAL MUSIC out there ! ;)

Los Loney Boys

Review

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
You know, when I picked up there CD and put it in for a spin I wasn't impressed. They sound like SRV but unfortunately are no where near his league. I think I'll have to listen to it again. I just love the Texas blues sound. Ever heard of the Arc Angels - can't recommend there CD enough.

John, are they(LLB) better sounding live??

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
Don't take this the wrong way and I am not flaming you. As guitarist myself I get :angry: every time a new guitarist that uses a Fender Stratocaster with a Ibanez Tubesceamer to a old tube Fender or Marschall gets compared to SRV and accused of "copying" SRV Texas Blues and bashed for using the SRV tone.

I too am a Texas Blues Fan (SRV, LLB, old KWS sound, Indigenous, Chris Durate, Corey Stevens). I give these guys alot of credit for attempting to do what SRV did to Hendrix's legacy. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" as the saying goes. I have over 60+ SRV boots of his concerts.

SRV is my guitar hero even through I was a child of the 60's and grew up with Hendrix, Page, Townshend, etc. These 60's guitarists were amazing but IMHO SRV is in a class of his own but so overlooked as a guitar genius.

To me there NO sweeter sound than a Fender Stratocaster with a Ibanez Tubesceamer to a old tube Fender Amp.

When you listen to Henry's guitar playing he is VERY diverse. To me he has the SRV tone nailed and lot of SRV riffs BUT adds Carlos Santana tone and riffs too.

LLB are as good live as in the studio. Their harmonies and instrument talents are way up there. Henry does a awesome harp solo.

Have you heard "Onda" ? They have nailed Santana's entire "Abraxsas" sound. I NEVER have heard ANY group duplicate Santanas sound or talent that close.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
John,

I second your review of these guys. I have both their cd and dvd and I just have to say that these guys are excellent especially for their ages. I mostly listen to 70's music so it is very rare that I hear a new band that appeals to me. Over the last 15 years there have probably been about 5 new bands formed that I have really liked and I would have to put these boys in that top 5 category.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks