What's new

Los Angeles/Orange County, ta' hell with 2002: E.T. and Back to the Future now! (1 Viewer)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Since the Los Angeles meet will be going on the last week of September and practically no one locally will be going (well, at the expense of $1,000), I thought I'd offer up a day or two at the end of the event for a screening at my home.
Date: either Saturday September 29th or Sunday September 30th (date to be TBD). Date to be voted on.
Where: Laguna Hills, south Orange County
Time: TBD
Movie: Either Back to the Future 1/2/3 or E.T the Extra Terrestrial. Movie to be voted on.
Format: Hi-Vision Laserdisc (Japanese analog HDTV standard)
If anyone doesn't mind Japanese subtitles (they're not as intrusive as they sound), I'm willing to hold a screening of either of these movies in High Definition on a 120" screen, with comfortable seating for 8, and an additional uncomfortable seating for 4-6 more.
Since many are coming in to have some fun in L.A., I thought it'd be fun for us locals to have some fun too.
So I'll offer up a place, the movie, the equipment, and soda pop if anyone is interested. Post here.
-Brian
P.S. yes these are actual screenshots
BTF.jpg

et.jpg

BTFdoc.jpg

btffox.jpg

ETcute.jpg

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Brian,
I would be honored if I could attend this meet as well! I will be joining the HTF for dinner on the 29th though so the 30th will work better for me.
Thanks!

Tim Travis

Agent
I also would be interested. I am also going to the farewell dinner on the 29th, so sunday would be better.
Tim

David_D

Stunt Coordinator
I'm definitely interested, particularly if everyone decides on the 30th. It sounds great!

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Alrighty, the 30th is the date...additional details to follow.
No one else is interested in seeing these movies in High Definition ? I'm rather shocked...

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Brian,
I have invited a good friend to join me at the Saturday 9/29 dinner, he is in the market for 2 surround speaker systems and I thought he might get some good input from the membership who will be in attendance. I don't know if he will be able to attend your event, but if you could tentatively hold 2 spots, I will confirm them with you early this week. This might have a nice side benefit for you, have you sold your extra set of Def Tech's? They may be out of his price range, but after he hears your setup, he may go for it... who knows.
------------------
sig.jpg

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Brian, I'll be at the farewell dinner Saturday as well and will make every effort to be at your place on Sunday. You owe me dvd clips of Nightmare Before Christmas on your system!

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Hey David, when's the next viewing party at the Tolsky-rama dome? You put in all those lovely theater seats... either you were intending to have a heck of a lot more kids... or you were going to have some friends over!? which is it?
biggrin.gif

------------------
sig.jpg

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
very nice of you to do this for us locals. I can make it on the 30th, just let me know what time...
Sounds like it will be a blast!
rin
BTTF!
------------------
My Home Theater

Brian-W

Screenwriter
So far BTTF is the leading movie of choice.
David, no problem, we'll demo some clips.
I'll finalize everything up this Sunday. Tentative plans are to start at 2pm. Since I'm far south of many of our LA residents, this gives them a chance to not have to get up early, and also gives them a chance to get home at a reasonable hour.

L. W. Cobb

Agent
Brian-
I'd love to attend! It would be great to catch up with some of the SoCal HTF members I've met at previous meets.
Perhaps some of us could bring something to trade or giveaway. Keep us posted. :)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Yes, indeed we can carpool. Brian, keep me informed on the details of this. Send me directions again too.
Jason,
I would like to have another screening soon. I will be making a decision on what type of front projection system to invest in within the next 5 months or so. I've pretty much ruled out CRT. Stay in touch
Dave

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Okay, looks like we have 9 total attending. I'll send out an email with directions, etc. on Wednesday. If you suddenly can't come, please EMAIL me by Friday so I know.
Time: 2pm, Sunday September 30th
Movie: Back to the Future

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Brian, if my friend changes his mind last minute can I still bring him along? Or are you tight on seating now? No problem either way, I just want to be prepared if he has a change of heart, and who knows, you may be able to sell your extra set of Atlantic Tech's to him too!
------------------
sig.jpg

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Jason...
Your friend can attend but we're now at the 'uncomfortable' seating available.
Also, sold my extra speakers a few months ago, thanks though.
-Brian

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
#$@#$@#!
I might have to work this Sunday (make that probably). Damn, damn, damn. Don't hold a spot for me, I'd rather give it to someone who can be there for certain. And I was looking forward to seeing your excellent theater again.
I'll email you if something changes and I'm free, but as of right now it doesn't look good...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks