What's new

Lord of War - Review (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Lord of War had an interesting trailer and on top of that the writer and director did Gattaca so I thought why not give it a matinee go.

Lord of War is a satire on gun running with Nicolas Cage perfectly playing the role of Yuri a Ukranian Immigrant who realizes that he doesn't like what he is doing and wants to do something different. After seeing the carnage on the streets he decides to make money off it because he feels that war and conflict will never end. The first opening montague has you locked into your seat and unsure of what will come. It is part satire, part action/adventure and park dark comedy. It doesn't try to sound like a political piece or anti gun like some would think it might. You might infer that from a few things going on in the film but it's not heavy handed. A particular person at IMDB tried to say that the movie portrays Africa in a bad light when in fact the movie is just relaying what is really going on.

All and all, the film is WELL crafted and well done. Go see it.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I just saw this film a little while ago. Much better than I had anticipated. I went into the movie knowing nothing more than the basic plot. I expected a straight-up drama with a little action. I wasn't expecting it to be more of a satire. Shane hit the nail on the head with his synopsis. It's drama, it's action, it's satire, it's dark comedy all rolled up into one neat little package. The movie is well acted and well executed. If nothing more - you will be entertained.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks