Looney tunes DVD problems

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Andrew s wells, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Just thought you all might want to know. I purchased the Golden collection today, and quickly skimming through some of it, I noticed on disk 4, the last 2 cartoons lock up, or skip, and also pixelize very badly on my pioneer DV-563A. I tried it on the other players in the house ( x-box and a toshiba player and they both played it fine. Great DVDs but still a big disappointment with this problem.. [​IMG]

2. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    Sounds like your Pioneer is particularly sensitive to the error on the DVD. I'd take them back.

I had the same problem with a Simpson's set. PLayed fine on the Xbox but not my Sony ES player. Returned for another. No problems.

3. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Yeah. I'm going to take it back in with me tomorrow when i work and exchange it.. Hopefully it will be ok next time.. If not, I guess at least I am fortunate enough to have something else i can watch it on.

4. Nick Senger

Nick Senger Stunt Coordinator

I watched the disc one cartoons all the way through and my Toshiba pixelated and locked up 7 minutes into Wabbit Twouble. I tried cleaning the disc and it made no difference. I'm going to exchange it tomorrow. If I get the chance tonight I'll watch the last two cartoons on disc four just to make sure it's not a more widespread problem.

5. Arnie G

Arnie G Supporting Actor

Nick, I have the same problem with Wabbit Twouble. Did a new set fix the problem?

6. Nick Senger

Nick Senger Stunt Coordinator

Yes--I returned it the next day and the new set has been perfect--no problems at all. And believe me, my kids have watched it enough that I would know!

7. Arnie G

Arnie G Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info! I'll try another set.