What's new

Looks like Paradigm Reference v3.0 are rolling out (1 Viewer)

Ken Hoyme

Grip
The Canadian dealer that I ordered my Paradigm Reference speakers last week called me today. He told me that my Studio/60's were delayed :frowning: , but mentioned that the rest of the speakers were in and that they were marked "3.0".
Now to be clear, he was talking about a price change due to the 3.0s, and I was trying to figure out if I was going to be chanrged that or not, so after I hung up, I wasn't certain if all the speakers came in at 3.0, or if only the backordered 60's were. I hope I get all v3.0s!
Anyway, can't be positive on this until they are in my hot little hands, but will report back for sure as soon as I know first hand.
Regards,
Ken

BruZZi

Second Unit
Ken, my Studio 40's that I ordered 2 weeks ago was also delayed. I'll probably get the new v.3 for the same price :D
Do you know where I can find more info about the new models?

Ken Hoyme

Grip
James,

I ordered 60's for fronts, CC for center, ADPs for rears, and a Servo-15 down below. It is possible that those came in from v2.0 stock and the 60's are out of stock waiting for the 3.0 update.

Glauco,

Don't know any details yet. I do have a paper copy of a 1.0 reference catalog and the electronic copy of the 2.0 from their web site. The spec sheets for the standard Studio speakers are not different in a single number (that I can see). So, I don't know the specifics of the 1.0-> 2.0 change, and can't infer what the 2.0 -> 3.0 change is either....

I hope I got good data from the dealer!

Ken

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Ken,

Post when you do receive all of your speakers. I'm considering that same set up of Paradigm speakers and would like to hear about your experiences with them. Thanks.

Bob Cal

Stunt Coordinator
I was checking with the dealer on some Studio 60's laminate and was told regular price $1399 Cdn, but sale price was $1079. Now there was a smaller savings on the other Studio line but not to the extent of the 60's drop.

I knew that v.3 was due out in the Studio line so I am holding off on purchasing the 60's until I know what the changes are. If it is minor change I will go for the V.2 and get the savings. But I was curious that they had the biggest discount on the 60's. Maybe it could have been that he was over stocked on that model.

Anyway if anyone find out the changes etc. I would like for them to post, as I would hate to miss out on a saving.

Bob

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Judging from the differences between V1 it would be subtle improvements to the bracing etc. Theoretically it should sound better but in most likelihood it'll just sound a bit different. For example they may once again take off a little bit of the edge, decrease the brightness and have a little bit tighter bass. Many people don't hear much of a difference.

James Slade

Second Unit
Just stopped in too my local dealer of Paradigm who constanly gets stock. When I mentioned a version three he looked at me like I had two heads and one eye.

Does anyone have actuall confirmation that version 3 is here or will be here soon?

Bob Cal

Stunt Coordinator
James

Here is a reply I received in mid Feb from Paradigm after I asked their tech dept. about when v.3 were comming out.

"Hi Bob,

You are correct. We currently sell version 2 models of the Reference Line.

As far as version 3 goes, I am not aware of its release date, it may be mid

fall of this year. Also, unfortunately, we do not have any information on

the upcoming changes to the product line. I believe all the models will be

converted to the V3 series.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Best Regards,

Hellen Le-Tasevski"

Here is the email for Hellen Le-Tasevski

You might be able to find more details from Paradigm.

Bob

Ken Hoyme

Grip
If my 60's gte into the shop, I will have my hands on them this Saturday, so I will be able to confirm or disafirm what my salesguy told me on the phone. If the 60's are delayed, it will be the following weekend.

Passed on the data with the caveat that this was verbal data. Though I don't know why he would say that (and also about his discovery of a price increase , that they aren't asking me to foot) if it was wrong.

Ken

JohnnyW

Grip
Hi,

When I arrived home from work, my kids told me that I got a call earlier,saying that my speakers were in. With my work schedule, I won't be able to make the drive to pick them up untill Fryday.

It,s going to be a very long week.

JohnnyW

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
JohnnyW: Time to make that big sacrifice and *cough* call in sick ;)
On another note, what kind of price difference did they have between the V1 and V2? Any idea if it'll be the same from V2 to V3?

JohnnyW

Grip
GabrielC,
Wish I could call in sick,but considering what I will be spending this week on speakers,I had better never get sick.
Sorry ,I don't know the price difference between V1 and
V2. I was only offered one version.
JohnnW;)

James Slade

Second Unit
THe following is an email I got from Paradigm regarding a Reference version 3 line.

"Hi James

It is impossible that a dealer would have a version 3 Reference Series

speaker in stock since they do not exist nor have I received information

about possible "new" speakers at this point in time.

Thanks for your interest in Paradigm speakers.

Sincerely,

Gary Takeda

Paradigm Technical Support"

Ken Hoyme

Grip
To me, the most telling indicator that I was fed a line by the salescritter is that not a single other person on the forum has gotten v3.0 speakers in the past week. The weird thing is that I never discussed an expectation of when v3.0 would come out - we never talked about versions at all in my conversations with the guy. So why would he think I knew anything about versions or the pending release of a version??

Weird....

I will find out more when they are all there and I pick them up. I will report back when that has happened...

Ken

Bob Cal

Stunt Coordinator
I had another reply from Paradigm. There is no V.3 for the Studio series. Here is part of the reply I received.

"Unfortunately, there is no news on the Studio Series v.3. As it stands, we will continue to distribute and sell Version 2 Studio series.

There has been a few mix-ups because we have converted our Performance line from Version 2 to Version 3. Since then, it has led many to believe that we would convert all our models to the next version sometime soon.

This is not the case for the time being. The date and specs of any changes are never released until they are available for our end-users."

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks