What's new

Looking into external Blu-Ray drives (Was: An old poster looking to do something new...) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I can understand watching stuff on the computer, but then I have a 27" iMac and have to sit back some if I do full screen video.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I think I'm getting a better grasp now. I'll consider the Leawo software for Multi-Region playback and the Blu-Ray player mentioned by Dave. I may be late to the Blu-Ray game, but better late than never.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I've read that you need to pay yearly for the Leawo software, but that's no big deal for me.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I think I'm getting a better grasp now. I'll consider the Leawo software for Multi-Region playback and the Blu-Ray player mentioned by Dave. I may be late to the Blu-Ray game, but better late than never.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I've read that you need to pay yearly for the Leawo software, but that's no big deal for me.
The version of Leawo Blu-ray Player that I have is completely free. My recommendation would be to try that version (I have Leawo Blu-ray Player 1.8.1.8) first before going for a paid for version if it contains extra features that you want.

While I've found that Leawo isn't entirely free of bugs (IE. it tends to default to playing subtitles, which the user has to turn off.), I've found it to be serviceable, and it also allows for screen capturing, via the "PrtScn" Keyboard Function, as an added bonus.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks