What's new

Looking for the best picture quality and largest screen size TV, under 40" wide (1 Viewer)

KyleT

Stunt Coordinator
Depth is not an issue since this 'cabinet' is over the gas fireplace and was made for a very deep CRT TV. We're fine with any type of TV but I figure DLP will probably be the best picture quality for the dollar if depth is not an issue.

Width is, though... it can't be over 40" wide, and can't be over 35 inches tall including a short stand to put it on to put the DVD player and such on. I don't care much about the sound quality as it will be hooked up to a independent 2.1 sound system anyhow.

Cost is an issue, I'd like to keep the street price under 1500 bucks if at all possible. In other words I don't care if the retail is 2500 but I'd like to be able to get it on ebay or pricegrabber or TV Authority or whatever for under 1500.

I don't want to pay 50% more just to get slightly better picture quality, this is not my showcase TV or anything so I don't want to be on the 'bleeding edge' of technology.

I *do* care about it being reliable, though, as this is replacing a POS 4 year old Philips CRT widescreen that has given us several issues until this morning when it just decided to quit coming on altogether.:frowning:

Suggestions?:)

KyleT

Stunt Coordinator
I just found the Samsung HL-R4266W for just under 1500 shipped... is that a good choice?:)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Although the DLP has better black levels than the LCD ... at this size and price point ... the differences in blacks are negligible.

The Sony will usually tweak out to be more pleasing than the Samsung image.

A 37" Panasonic Plasma would also be a good choice for that space ...

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks