What's new

Looking for sub in $500-$700 range (1 Viewer)

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any ideas.
Thanks
------------------
Jake T
--"The Things You Do In Life Echo An Eternity"
----Russel Crowe, Gladiator

Richard Watt

Agent
I would definitely check out the SVS Subwoofers. Their link should be on the front page of the forum list up top. Many people seem to rave about them. This is what I am going to get when I get my money saved up. Good luck with your choice!

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
I should probably add that the SO won't have an SVS.
------------------
Jake T

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
SVS of course. Paradigm PW2200 (possibly a Servo15 if you go a little over budget and find a great deal). Adire Dharman.
Or DIY. Using a Tempest or Shiva from Adire. Or a different driver: DVC, Stryke, HSU, etc. Check out the advanced section of this site for all the info you'll need on DIY. Essentially what it boils down to with DIY, is if you have or have access to the tools necessary and the time it will take doesn't bother you, it will be more or less impossible to get a better sub for the price. An Adire Tempest with a 250 watt plate amp in a large vented enclosure should compare with a dual SVS system (I hope to find out if it actually does very soon).
------------------
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Um, doh. those posts came up while I was writing mine. Then scratch the Tempest idea. The enclosure needs to be in the upper 200L range. So it would dwarf an SVS :p
Mine is 19" in diameter (SVS is 16") and mine is just under 6' tall (SVS 20-39 is well 39" tall).
If you get creative you could make it look like an endtable or a coffee table or some other type of furniture the SO would accept. Would be easier to do with a Shiva or other driver that will perform well in a smaller enclosure though.
------------------
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
must be one hell of a sub
laugh.gif

------------------
Jake T

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
if the SVS styled subs are out then the Adrie Rava or Dharma would get my vote. Both have excellent reviews with the Dharma going a little lower and louder but both models have exceptions build quality and might suit your decor easier
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Definitely check out the Hsu VTF-2. My buddy has one in his setup, and it absolutely rocks! The Dharma looks like it would be good as well. A little larger though.

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks all for your replies.
------------------
Jake T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks