What's new

Looking for speaker companies with best bang for buck values (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My $.02 worth -- Paradigm. They have several lines to meet most budgets. I would suggest starting with the Monitor series.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'd suggest adding Polk to that list. :emoji_thumbsup:
The new LSi series is quite a bang for the buck in its category. Just check out the other threads on Polk ;)
Brian

ling_w

Second Unit
Easy, Magnepans. The MG20.1 has been deemed the best value speaker by HP at TAS. Here is a quote:

Yeah, I’m being critical. But only because, once all is said and done, I believe this to be the world’s best buy in speaker systems. They cost $12,000 the pair and they do not sound signifi-cantly inferior to the Alóns discussed above
(at $120k); indeed in terms of tonal neu-trality and an absence of definable charactei; they exceed the Alón and just about everything else currently on the market.

So put aside thoughts to buy those no-fi speakers listed by everybody else and go for these.

ling_w

Second Unit
Sean,

I have the MG-IIIa mains, MGCC1 center and MG10.1 surrounds.

Once you go flat, you never go back.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I guess I should clarify. When you can buy a complete set of speakers (front, center, and surrounds) for $2500 or less and have people rave about them and say that they sound like speakers 2-3 times that much, then I consider them a real bang for the buck speaker. Diva, Axiom, and others fit this bill. I was looking for ones that I might not know about.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
IMHO, speakers like Norh and Klipsch wouldn't fall in the "great bang for your buck" category. They sound pretty much in line with what they cost when compared to all the other models and price points out there.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Well my plan was to get some good speakers and then slowly upgrade everything else. I have a custom built sub from acoustic visions that can shake the house so I'm not worried about a sub just yet. I would go for an SVS when I do because of price and customer service. I'm seriously looking into Diva, Axiom, and the new Polk LSi line for a future upgrade.

KeithR

Second Unit
Funny that half of the companies mentioned probably won't exist in 5 years....hmmm....most of these mentioned are fads anyway, or the "speaker of the month"

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
lol, I'd say Klipsch are brightest speaker per buck.
Bang per buck for my case is JBL which costs less than a speaker stand and gives me sound I can still enjoy.
It seems the better the speaker I get, the fewer the songs I listen on them. I remember back when I thought a speaker was a speaker and enjoyed every type of music on them. Boy how I miss those days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks