What's new

Looking for skinny jewel cases. (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
You know those really skinny cases that CD singles sometimes come in? They're mostly like a normal jewel case, but even thinner. Does anyone know where I can buy a bunch of them for a reasonable price? I'm up to 260 DVDs now, and I just don't have any place to put them anymore. I was thinking of moving all of them to these super-compact cases, but I don't know where I can get them. I'm looking to buy them by the hundred and I'd rather not pay too much.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Well, I don't know about the price, but I saw them on sale at Office Max yesterday. I think it was a pack of 50.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Office Max had a 2 for 1 and then half price on one brand, but those have expired. I just got a pack of 50 Belkin cases from them for $12.99 regular price, which is about as cheap as I have found. FWIW, Neato also makes inserts for them so you can have a printed cover and a small but readable spine. I have not found any retailers who carry them, but I got some from their site at neato.com. They sell them for list, but you can enter code #YAM2 at checkout and get 20% off. You can apparantly use this code an unlimited # of times.
Notice they also have full coverage CD labels. Very cool!

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Try Link Removed
They have the UltraSlim cases for $29.95 per hundred. Personally, I prefer the TRIMpak cases because they're more flexible and do not crack/break, but the former kind does have the slots like traditional CD jewel cases, for inserting a cover/label.
Happy shopping!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone made a slim DVD case yet?
That is, eith a narrower spine so it takes up less of the shelf (the front and back cover would need to be a little wider though, or else the artwork wouldn't fit)?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sam's is probably the best regular price, except they are color cases, which I don't like.
This week Office Max has Belkin 50 packs on sale for $6.99. I expect that is the best price you will find. Neato also makes inserts for them. I haven't found any retailers who have them but you can get them directly from neato.com

Nick Pudar

Agent
I have already converted over to the slim jewel cases. I scanned in the front and back artwork (to scale - not stretched) and printed it on card stock. I do not include a spine label -- it is too thin. (If anyone has a practical way of doing that, I'd be interested in hearing from you.) I have all my cases on the shelf with small spacers every 10 titles. A small catalog printed from DVD Profiler is how people browse the collection. It is easy to visually find a title on the shelf.
I'm thinking of getting the rotating shelf-stand from Leslie Dame Enterprises (CD-1040C) -- others have written about it in other threads. My estimate is that I'll eventually be able to fit about 1400 slim cases on it -- and that's outstanding considering the small footprint.
Nick

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Nick,
Look at my post just before yours. Neato has photo quality slim case inserts that work quite well and have a spine. The text has to be small, but I find 8pt. helvetica bold works quite well. Stretching the text to about 120%, if you have the capability, also makes more legible. Any plain sans-serif should also work.
You can get them directly from neato's site (neato.com) for list, but if you type "YAM2" in the coupon field at checkout, you get a 20% discount, plus I believe this code can be used an unlimited # of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks