What's new

Looking for inexpensive 5.1 speakers (1 Viewer)

Adam Dub

Auditioning
I want to send back my pioneer home theater system and get everything piece by piece on a budget. I cant seem to find any inexpensive 5.1 or 6.1 speakers, like the kind that comes with all in one home theater kits. Any suggestions for good, maybe 100 watt or so, speakers (front, rear, sub, surround) for around $100-$200?

Louis_Cipher

Auditioning
Since your buying everything piece by piece. My advice would be to put together a good sounding 2 channel system and then add speakers as your budget allows. 2 halfway decent speakers will sound way better than 5 lousy ones any day of the week.

Sidney

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with that.. buy some decent speakers and build up. Don't rush to get that 5.1 or else you'll upgrade later and have to dump the speakers you bought cheap. Sometimes it takes a while.. but it's worth it.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Adam, I was in the same boat as you are. I put together a nice sounding 6.1 system for $170, 6 bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer. I bought 6 KLH bookshelf speakers at Best Buy on sale for $30 a pair. You can use the 6th bookshelf speaker as your center speaker, and if you want, upgrade down the road(but you probably won't need to). Best Buy's website has a pair of KLH bookshelf speakers that look the same as far as specs and size, but a different model #. I was turned on to KLH speakers by a couple guys for nice sounding speakers at a nice price. I bought a Sony sub on sale at Circuit City for $80, 8", 100 watt. Go to Best Buy and listen to them. Good luck.

GregC

Stunt Coordinator
Check out HSU. Their small system (Ventriloquist) has been well reviewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks