What's new

Looking For Correct Speaker Location (1 Viewer)

Hi Guys,
How do you know where and how far apart you place you speakers? I need some assistance in this department.:frowning:

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Give some more specifics about your room and how far you are sitting from the display, display size etc.

It is 24'Ft.X20'Ft. room with a 36" T.V. I have the center channel on top of the T.V. and the front speakers about 9'Ft. apart from each other and the rear speakers about 11' Ft. apart. I wanted them 9'Ft. but the wall didn't line up. When I sit in front of the T.V. I am about 8'Ft. away. So just sum it up:

Distance from Front speaker to Rear spaeakers = 20'Ft.

Front Speakers Distance apart = 9'Ft.

Rear Speakers Distance apart = 11' Ft.

I think the front speakers should be the same distance apart as the rear speakers. But is 11'Ft. to far?

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
Probably the best advice someone could give you on this subject is to try both positions and go with whichever you like most. You're the one who'll be watching movies on this setup so it should be you who decides where the speakers are located. If someone told you the best spot is 11ft apart but it sounded better to you at 9ft apart, which would you choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks