Looking for alternate acoustic version of Sweet Home Alabama

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_Y, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

4 or so years ago, I found an mp3 of an acoustic version of Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Slower tempo. Very good quality and it wasn't live. However, I have no idea where it came from. There is an alternate version on the newest Deluxe Edition of One More For The Road, but I don't know if it's live or not. The version on Skynrd Collectybles is live, from a radio show I think. But I seem to remember looking up track listings and finding this version available. Anyone know where I can find it. It's also not available on the boxed set, which includes the original version.

While I'm at it, I might as well ask: I currently have the 2 CD set "The Essential Lynyrd Skynyrd." It's pretty good and includes all of the hits. I also have the "Freebird" movie soundtrack which includes parts of the great live set from Knebworth. However, I've been jonesing for some more Skynyrd and was planning on dumping the 2 CD set for the following:

* the 3 CD boxed set.

* Skynyrd Collectybles. (2 CDs of outtakes / demos)

* One More For The Road (Deluxe Edition). Just re-released.

Any other selections that I'm missing?

Thanks.

2. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Greg sounds like a radio special of some sort...maybe Timothy White's live in the studio stuff...here's a fan link that lists some acoustic promo stuff...
    http://www.skynyrd.com/singcdp.html
    Maybe it's on one of these releases ?

3. Peter Luna

Peter Luna Auditioning

4. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Peter, I'm still not sure that the one from Endangered Species is the one I remember. I always assumed it was a demo from the earlier days, but it's quite possible that it is from ES. Thanks for the help though. I'll definitely pick that one up. I have to hunt down that old mp3 and compare it.
    I did some more research on the box set and decided that's not what I want. I'll probably end up buying the newest remasters of the first 5 albums. Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd and Street Survivors were just released in November as expanded, remastered CDs. The other 3 have been remastered previously. Add to that Endangered Species, One More For The Road (Deluxe), Skynyrd's First: Complete Muscle Shoals Album and Skynyrd Collectybles and I should be set for a while. [​IMG]