Logitech introduces HARMONY ELITE remote. The Most Powerful Harmony Remote Yet

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

Which commands? And have you "Linked" both of the Harmony Apps to the Echo?

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    Yes, I installed both apps and linked them. I may look at it again. One of the things I've found a bit frustrating with Alexa is how precise you have to be with word order and your phrases---they still have a ways to go to catch up to Siri and Google in that regard. Maybe I just haven't asked the exact right way yet. I still am using IFTTT triggers to turn the system on and off. That works well.

3. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

I agree with having to be very specific in what you are asking Alexa to do. I know you have seen this page, but it lays out how to ask Alexa how to do it. https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-amazon-alexa

"Alexa, tell Harmony to ...." is the trigger word.

4. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I thought that was what I was doing, but I'm obviously doing something wrong. I'll give it another try when I get a chance.

5. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Did you watch my video in Post 82 of this thread? Just wondering if you phrase like I do.

6. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I don't remember. I'll have to go back and look at it.

I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to disable the skills and try to enable and connect them again.

7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Are there any rumors of new Harmony remotes coming out? I'm thinking of replacing my One in the living room and wonder if now's the time to buy?

8. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Not yet. However, the Harmony seems to be the heart of Logitech's business model so I am merely guessing that *something* will be forthcoming.

I don't know how much better these remotes can get. Their ELITE is the best of the best. The only thing I can see them incorporating into their remotes that would make it even better is voice commands.

It sucks that you are in a waiting game hoping for something that may or may never arrive.

9. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I'm waiting more for $400 to appear with no purpose but to be spent on a new remote...not so much waiting for a new model :)

In the meantime, On my wishlist of features I'd like to are:
    • Better control of the cats-and-dogs remotes: AppleTV, PS4, and so on.
    • Better programming software.
    • IR blaster features (this is exists, but you have to take a chance of a third party solution)
    • Step up to custom-installer level features including wifi and Ethernet control, actual hardware state, and so on. (I want to replace a URC remote.)

I haven't used the last two versions with the touchscreen. So I'm always hopIng for best of breed and improved design to control everything as if it were built specifically for that purpose.