What's new

Logitech introduces HARMONY ELITE remote. The Most Powerful Harmony Remote Yet (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'm just not into voice control of my things. I've not tried it, but as a thought experiment it doesn't seem like it would be easier than just pushing buttons on the remote.

It's a nice feature to have though, even if you don't use it often. I almost always use it to turn on my stuff. Sometimes use it for Pause and Play. Other than that, I use buttons. It's really convenient to walk in the house with my food and say, "Alexa, it's game time" and then when I walk in the garage (where my equipment is now)the TV is on and set to CBS which is usually the channel the football game is on. Or "Let's watch a movie", "turn on old school gaming", etc. Things are ready to go by the time I settle in.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got a Dot in the kitchen (I use it for cooking timers, and keep it muted otherwise). So I’ll try it out at some time when I can play around.

I don’t think it would fit living room use for me. But for the media room, if I swap out for a Logitech, it might be useful to turn things on the way to the room

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My Harmony Elite can't do the TiVo Jump Back / Jump Forward commands. This is a weird missing command. Anyone experience this or know a fix?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Probably have the original TiVo remote here. Though I'm not sure it's IR since TiVo went to a more responsive RF remote with the Roamio. I may have to try that.

I'm going to try and contact Logitech support too. It's weird for the Harmony to have basic functionality broken. Tthe commands are in the Harmony system for programming. But they don't work.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ack. I'm getting my devices confused. It's the AppleTV the Elite database for SkipForward or SkipBack don't work..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks