What's new

Logic7 speaker setup question (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I want to start using a full 7 speaker setup and use the Logic7 feature of my Lex to its full ablility. Im currently running Mirage OM6 mains, C2 center and OMR2 rears..Should i stick with di/tripole type side/rears or go for a direct radiattor for the Logic7 setup? I can move my R2s to the sides or rear and add either di/tripole or direct to either of those locations as well. Any thoughts?

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I believe Logic7 calls for 2 Dipole side surrounds, and 2 direct radiating speakers in the back of the theater.

Larry Chanin

Stunt Coordinator
Brian:

Congratulations on getting a Lexicon.

I've recently purchased an MC-1. I prefer having direct radiating surround back speakers and dipoles for the side surrounds.

I like the very forceful and precise panning of surround effects front to back that direct radiating speakers in the back gives me playing off the normal Left, Center, Right direct firing array in the front. The dipole side surrounds effectively handle ambient effects by filling in from the sides with less directional sound.

Larry

Larry Chanin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Steven:

Although as you can see, I prefer the configuration that that you mention, I do not recall reading anything from Lexicon that indicates that they have a preference.

Of course it's quite possible that I could have missed something. If so I would greatly appreciate it if you would point me to the document if it's available on the Internet.

Thanks very much.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks