What's new

Lives Overcome video (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I don't mean this in any disrespect to Sept. 11th and the day that changed all of us. I have heard Live's Overcome before and caught pieces of the video but never really watched it through. I stopped in my tracks tonight because I caught a glimpse of the Twin Towers during the beginning of the vid and thought it was done some months before 9/11. Then scenes of the aftermath unfolded and it was apparent that some parts were done after. Thoughts of Van Halens Right Here Right Now (MTV video of the year 1992) crossed me, but of course Right Here Right Now doesn't have the emotional response as Live's Overcome. My problem is their feeble attempt at recreating the video of the year AND using the event of our lifetimes to prove a point. Grab the people where it matters most and we'll have them. Obviously, the destruction of the Amazon just doesn't do it anymore. The video is touching but to me seems somewhat faked. A nice song and vid but I think their last gasp. Too bad, Throwing Copper WAS the disc of 1995, Hootie and all.

MikeAW

Second Unit
Michael, everyone's been exploiting 9-11 ever since it happened...from car companies (GM), to actors and music artists for dubious charities and Tv networks trying to get you to turn on their networks, and mail order companies for those fireman Christmas ornaments, to movie companies pushing jingoistic patriotism so you can buy a ticket...so a middling music group uses it's image in a music video...No Big Deal Here Really !

It's a free country, where someone's always open for business ! What did you expect...respect or something ?

MikeAW

Second Unit
Yes, it's sick, Michael.

I live in the NYC metro area. A week or so ago the front pages of two metro papers had photos of smiley faced street vendors with a display of unauthorized, bootlegged, NYPD logo adorned clothing wear..hats, t-shirts, scarfs, sweatshirts, gloves, etc., located on street corners close to Ground Zero. They weren't even smart enough to realize what they were doing was tasteless, and the vendors happily posed for photos.

Talk about selling postcards of the hanging !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks