What's new

Live Concerts - DVD - Opinions needed (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I'll second Roy Orbison-Black and White

and add these

The Corrs-Live in London

Metallica S&M

Alice In Chains-Unplugged

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Fleetwood Mac The Dance. Its more like a PBS special or something instead of a concert but wow does it sound good.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Picked up Boz Scaggs - Greatest Hits Live last night. Wow, the DTS track sounds as good as some of my reference Hi-Res SACD's! Sounded awesome on my new (used) Parasound HCA-2003! Thanks for the tip guys!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Since no one has mentioned them here yet, Toto Live in Amsterdam and Steely Dan's Two Against Nature are also very good. Even Three Dog Night in Tennessee (with their orchestra) was a pleasant surprise. How about ones to avoid? The Cars Live is at the top of that list. What a diss-appointment
frown.gif

Runar_R

Second Unit
Nobody has mentioned "Last Waltz"? Great great disc.

"Diana Krall: Live in Paris" has got a great DTS-track. Among my absolute favourites

"Madonna: Drowned World Tour". Good show, good DTS-track

Others worth checking out

Foo fighters: Everywhere but home

Jeff Buckley: Live in Chicago

K.D Lang: Live by request

Patrick_L

Second Unit
quote:If youre an old school headbanger and a rock music fan in general I HIGHLY RECOMMEND: Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio

if they would just get rid of Jarick, it'd have been perfect.

oh, my faves in my concert collection:

Eagles: Hell Freezes Over

Rage Against The Machine: The Battle Of Mexico City

Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio

Fleetwood Mac: The Dance

Jonathan L

Stunt Coordinator
second for Metallica's S&M. Especially nice is the seperate audio tracks...band only, orchestra only, and the band + orchestra 5.1 track makes excellent use of all channels, besides sounding great.

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone hear of any plans for a Counting Crows disc?

Also, would second the recommendation of Corrs: Live in London.

Cranberries: Beneath the Skin (Live in Paris) is pretty good too. Nice DTS track.

I agree w/ the Dave matthews and the Zeppelin DVD is good, especially the somewhat acoustic part at earls court. The Organ (I guess it is) John Paul Jones plays on "that's the way" will rattle your windows. Got to see many of these listed on INHD lately, very cool.

BenF

Agent
JasonBrown, I would love a Counting Crows disc, although I haven't heard any rumors of one being made.

Has anyone checked out the Meatloaf: Live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra disc? I always liked the way bands sound with an orchestra backing them up, and in my opinion this is a stellar performance.

I am not that familiar with the other concert DVDs people have mentioned, so I can't comment on the SQ and PQ of the Meatloaf disc.

Allison Kraus, I believe it is called New Favourites. This is phenomenal. The Chieftains Down the Old Plank Road is excellant as well. Most of the ones already mentioned are in my collection and are excellant as well.

Regards

Emmett

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
How about ones to avoid?

Journey - Greatest Hits 1978 -1997

Not realy a concert, but mostly concert footage. Terrible sound, and even worse video. It looks like a 5th generation VHS copy someone duped.

I was duped when I picked it up.

Bill

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator
There was an earlier talk regarding an Evanescence DVD. It's being released on 11/23 as a DVD/CD set.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Ben F,

The new Meat Loaf disc is awsome!

The video quality for the first 2 minutes is terrible, but then they get it figured out.

The 5.1 and DTS mixes are above average - not perfect, but still very good.

The symphony compliments Meat Loaf's music amazingly well. But more incredible, is the interaction with the band. The duets are very powerful with the super hot Patty Russo. (There is a blonde back up singer who is worth checking out as well.)

Overall, one of my favorite discs....every song I found myself turning the volume up another notch.

Highly recommended.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
One of the best I have ever heard is..

Roy Orbison - not sure what's the title is, but the cover and video are in black/white

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks