What's new

listen to my cd's while playing (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I cannot stand the music that comes on the games, i would rather listen to my cd's. I have a ps2, how do I set my cd player to play thru while my ps2 is running?

Chris_Anders

Stunt Coordinator
you buy an Xbox thats how. You can rip your own tracks for alot of games and listen to your own s**t.

Geno

Supporting Actor
BUT IM HAPPY WITH THE PS2. i ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH CD PLAYERS. IS THERE ANYWAY i CAN HAVE MUSIC AND se COMING OUT OF THE SAME STEREO? i DONT WANT TO HAVE TO GET MY ALARM CLOCK TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO CD'S WHILE PLAYING. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!1

Ike

Screenwriter
If it is coming through a stereo, you could hook your PS2 to the TV, and turn the game music all the way down, then cut your stereo (your music) up to the proper level. Other than that, I don't know how to get two signals through one stereo at once.

Jeff Chiusano

Auditioning
Just in case it isn't clear, I think Ike is saying to turn your game music down but leave the SE level up (most games allow you to change these 2 levels independently). This way, the SE from teh game come through the TV's speakers and your music comes through your stereo speakers.

The other option is to use a mixer. The mixer takes the audio inputs from multiple sources and allows you to adjust the sound levels for a combined output. You can probably get a cheap 2 source mixer for less than $40. Keep in mind that you will have to use the analog outputs from the PS2 and the CD player (they may make mixers that will accept digital signals, but they will certainly be a lot more expensive). With this type of solution, you could send the combined output to your stereo or your TV.

Jeff

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
You could also buy two Y-cables from Radio shack. The kind that combine two RCA connections into one. Connect the left output of the CD player AND the left output of the PS2 into one splitter and the Right outputs into another splitter and connect the other ends of the splitters into your Receiver/Amplifier/whatever you're using. That will combine the sounds from both systems. Initially, keep the sound of the receiver LOW, it's possible the signals will not combine properly and you don't want to blow your stereo/receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks